HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Another query

Re: Another query

No, I'm not upset I should have added my smiley. Every critique adds something of value, I've learned that over the last few days,and your critiques, especially on grammar, are very helpful. You're right I'm newer. You've both been here for years? That's impressive.

I'm not sure if it's impressive or ridiculous.

You've certainly been a good addition to the crew, AP. I hope you're getting some useful advice here.

I can't share your opinion that every critique adds something of value. I think some of them are completely off the mark. But it's up to the person posting to decide what does or doesn't have value for them, and how to apply it to their work.

Thanks leslee, and yes, I am learning a great deal. I was so surprised lately with my critiques. I read all of them objectively now -- not about me but about my writing--, and it's amazing the amount of great advice I've received.

It's like, certain things are oblivious to writers because they're so attached to their creativity that they take critiques personal, only to have things become apparent later. The reader is not in your head with you,so what's on the paper is very important. It's great to have other eyes.

Especially, writers like curmudgeon, Kieth, yourself, and just about everyone who comments. I agree, some comments are off mark, and some aren't as masterful as others, but I find that no matter who is commenting, if they give you that one pearl of wisdom that helps, to me, every comment is worth it.

Actually, Leslee, you act as though eliminating lists of three is some sort of Magic Bullet that will transform crap writing into gold, and that's what I object to, just as I object to a certain other poster's laundry list of things he doesn't like, or people who complain about the passive voice but don't know what it is. You have a lot to offer here, and for the most part, I agree with you. I do, however, reserve the right to say so when I don't, just as I expect you to do the same for me.

I don't act like anything, Joe. I offer my opinion, you add your judgment and periodically unload your bad vibes on me. Feel free, it's a public forum.

If I think correcting lists of three are a magic bullet, what the hell do you care? It's just as easy to ignore me as it is to waste your time telling me what I'm doing wrong. I've helped a lot of writers on and off this website. And I don't care what you think of my advice.

No, Leslee, I don't "dump my bad vibes on you." If somebody's giving what I think is bad advice, I say so.

I didn't say dump. I said unload. If you're going to quote me, might as well get it right.

Anyway, back to AP's thread and enough bickering.

imported_Author Pendragin

Good luck with that, lol. Writers.net keeps giving Author Pendragin a "Your account needs to be validated." I had to start a new account to sign back in. Dirty dog.