HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exciting new thread! (sort of)

I am tired of seeing this stagnant thread, please help me get rid of it by adding ANYTHING that is on your mind. ANYTHING you can think of. ANYTHING you might think of later. ANYTHING you have ever thought of. ETC.

Here's mine: My dog chased a deer this morning, for about 20 yards, then the lazy mutt returned and wanted to go back inside.

RW

Re: Exciting new thread! (sort of)

Oh, I love this kind of thread, Robert! It's great to just let loose about anything at all -- to derail, doncha know!

I'm about to go supermarket shopping. It's cloudy and dreary right now, and I must decide whether to layer up or just wear a heavier jacket.

(I could have thrown out something woo-woo, right? Maybe another time. :-)

*_*

I'm in mid house renovation hell. Not doing it, just paying for it. Today, they're working on an interior wall below a skylight. It used to be covered in thin strips of 4"-wide cedar. I chose a semi-wild, almost tiger-striped laminate flooring to replace it. Gluing flooring vertically presents some issues but not unresolveable ones.

In a few minutes I'm going shopping for a new hanging light fixture to replace the small chandelier that used to be there.

The work started in February, with weeks-long breaks here and there. With luck, it'll be done next summer.

Trying to find the motivation to get back to working on my SFF trilogy. Just can't picture the rest of the story in my mind. But I know that once I sit down and make myself start writing - it will start flowing again.

Can't find the motivation to work on making my jewelry either. Must be the time of year - feeling blah.

I've never believed that, since time began, every snowflake that has ever fallen upon this earth has been unique. How do they really know this?

Couldn't it be that every century (or decade) the patterns repeat themselves? Would anybody be available to check it out or even give a damn enough to bother?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_can_th..._are_identical

*_*

Kitty, that's a good one. Your are correct, the THEORY that all snowflakes are different cannot be proven.

My wife bought 4 kitchen chairs yesterday. I picked them up at the store today. $70 each, they look awful I wouldn't have paid $10 each for them. (good thing my wife doesn't frequent WN)

RW

"Can't find the motivation to work on making my jewelry either."

Lea, this is interesting. Do you make jewelry strictly for yourself, or do you sell it?

Both. I have also made some really great abstract designs and given them as gifts to family.

I want to learn how to fabricate with precious metals and make my own unique gemstone settings. The community college here offers several classes on this specifically for jewelry and I'm hoping to attend this summer.

Cool! If you ever feel like posting any photos of your work, I'd love to see it.

Last night we loaded our old living room furniture to the curb. The new stuff is coming tomorrow. In the meantime, my living room is bare and my poor dog is FREAKING OUT. He won't eat. He won't nap. He won't play. He keeps wandering around, looking for the couch, where he usually curls up with me. I even offered him the couch in the family room (where we never hang out), but nope! He's totally depressed. He wants his STUFF back!!!