HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussionWritersNet Email
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Frightened of getting this rejection………..

Raven, the reason I asked is because I, too, had a "dream agent" from a top house request a full. She then asked for serious revisions (actually, more or less a re-write) and then, after all was said and done, decided not to rep me (one publisher here in the states, in fact, has a reputation for doing this; however, it IS a top house that any author would be thrilled to work with). Let me just say that if your novel IS rejected, you will still have a terrific, highly polished ms and should have little trouble attracting the attention of another agent. I'm convinced that, if not for my experience, I would not have the wonderful agent I have now. It'll be well worth it either way.

Positive vibes, girl!

Good luck to you Raven. It is scary sending your first MS out into the real world, but you'll do fine.

Thank you both Jena and Lea.

Jena, you are right of-course. Even if she says no, I know I'll have a decent well written and as you say, polished, MS that I will proud to offer other agents. So the work will be worth it.

Lea, totally agree, REALLY scary, but its a kind of good scary, like when you start a new job.

Thanks to EVERYONE for your support and help
    if the wine is sour – throw it out

SatyricalRaven

It sounds to me as if you need to keep sending queries out. This agent hasn't signed you up.

I've been on the end of a string a couple of times, and won't do it again. It will help you immensely not only to work on a new project but to know you have irons in the fire.

This is only unfair if you have actually entered into an agreement with an agent.
    The odds are against the writer, and you need to protect yourself rather than pin your hopes on one possibility.

It sounds to me as if you need to keep sending queries out. This agent hasn't signed you up.

I've been on the end of a string a couple of times, and won't do it again. It will help you immensely not only to work on a new project but to know you have irons in the fire.

This is only unfair if you have actually entered into an agreement with an agent.
    The odds are against the writer, and you need to protect yourself rather than pin your hopes on one possibility.