HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussionWritersNet Email
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
    Bruce Johnson

Finding a Book Printer

I am in search of a paperback book printer. Any recommendations? Thanks! - Bruce Johnson

Re: Finding a Book Printer

Just about any offset printer can print a book for you, if you have the money. Now if you're looking to publish, that's a different story.

Re: Finding a Book Printer

If I were you, and I had a finished book - it was written, edited, polished, and I had cover copy and art picked out - I'd just leaf through the yellow pages under "Printers", and start meeting some printers. You can probably do most of the formatting yourself or you can let the printer do it. Ask the printer what kind of file they need. Find a book that's the size you like, bring in that book, along with your writing and art, then talk it over with them. Depending on your optimism, get quotes on four or five quantities; the price per book decreases as the quantity increases.

I'd just go to four or five printers and pick the one that to you has the best combination of service/quality/price. That's about it. Not much different than buying anything else.

alki nea
    It probably depends on how many books you want to print. Around 10, a local printer would be a good choice. For 1000 and more, you might want to have it printed abroad. A friend tried the last option for a full color picture book and the result was gorgeous for a reasonable price with Asia Pacific Offset.

Who else has any good experience?