HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    martin shaw

Re: The Story Of Love

Altaf, your responses flow better than your work. I suggest you change your genre. (i've had a look at your past threads)

@Mark Phillips

Thanks for the reply. I am working on it already .
    I appreciate your time.I really wanted to know if I have those skills. I know I am currently not in a position to start writing and need some real hard work.
    I wanted to hear if I have it in me .

@Leslee

Hopefully next time you wont be disappointed.

@Author Pendragin

Thanks. It helped.
    I agree my punctuation suck. I've already bought some books and I am positive about better things in future.

@martin shaw

Change my genre?
    You mean I should stop writing completely or try writing different stuff?

Leslee,

That's true. It could be an editing mistake. At the very least it was something the editor missed.

Mark Phillips Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > Funny that I have a grammar mistake in my above
    > post, that should be sick and not seek.

Strictly speaking, Mark, that's not a grammar misteak,[1] it's simply the wrong word. Don't feel bad, however, it's traditional to make at least one such error in any post complaining about grammar or spelling.[2]

[1]You'll understand later why this is spelled this way.
    [2]See? I told you you'd understand later.

Before I realized it was my cell phone, its jarring ringtone awakened me. Oh! I hate the sound of Celtic Warriors in the morning. I never checked who was on the other end, I simply grimaced, rolled over, and tried to go back to sleep. As my eyelids closed, my attention was drawn to the calendar on the wall. It was July 5th. Just another day to you, I know, but to me, it was the only day of the year that mattered. My Birthday!

Hi Author. I've missed your stories.

Altaf, changing your genre means changing the stuff you write, not to quit writing.

Altaf, genre refers to the class of story you're writing. As examples, the classic Mike Hammer stories were detective novels, Harlequin publishes romances and Star Wars/Star Trek books are Science Fiction. It's possible that your subject matter doesn't fit your writing style, and that a different subject would work better. Best of luck, and don't ever give up!

Joe's explanation of genre is correct. I disagree,however, with the notion that Atlaf change genres. If I had to classify this as something I would imagine it would fall into general fiction or "literary" fiction. See seems to have a firm grasp on what she's trying to say and in her own way she's expressed herself fairly well.

The genre isn't the problem, the grammar and style is the problem, and as she works on that I believe that a good writer could emerge.

Mark