HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Re: An Excerpt - Please review if inclined

Says Bible John: I know this is difficult for one of your sensibilities to grasp, but I think you might do well to consider this fact of life: your perceptions don't create reality.

Correction: Her perceptions don't create your reality. Perceptions are an individual thing, BJ. One's blue could very well be another's orange.

*_*

Kitty,

No perception creates ANY reality. Just because someone perceives something does not mean the perception is accurate, true, or even that the thing they perceive exists. And even if the thing exists, and perception is accurate and true, perception did not and can not create whatever the thing is. That's why someone can see blue, another orange, and in reality, the thing is green. Perception does not create reality, and it is often faulty.

"I know this is difficult for one of your sensibilities to grasp, but I think you might do well to consider this fact of life: your perceptions don't create reality."

Coming from the guy who thinks his every vapid opinion is an established fact, this is hilarious.

Leslee,

Let's see...we're talking about fiction, I offer an opinion about the fiction, and you think I view my opinion as fact. I don't see how my opinion about fiction can be factual in any way aside from the fact that it's my opinion.

But wait...it's Leslee. False perception. Okay. Makes sense now.

Whatever you say, John. Continue your chatter. It's all blah, blah, blah to me.

Cheers!

Really? Interesting how chatter and blah, blah, blah makes your tongue bleed. I guess you're passionate about what you consider mundane.

Back Atcha!

Joe, I figured you knew the date, I just posted it for the folks who never heard of that big celebration -- like me.

Did you know today is National Face Your Fears Day? Well, it is!

http://hot.aol.com/2010/10/13/its-national-face-your-fears-day/?icid=main|main|dl9|sec1_lnk1|177226

*_*

John, you clearly didn't understand the joke. Nothing new about that.

I don't understand the joke? Ah, well perhaps you'll enlighten me. Here's how I understand the "joke" as I think you meant it: your tongue is bleeding because you're biting it to keep from writing one of your usual attempts at an insult aimed at my comment to Pam that I was not defensive. By the way, I realize its difficult to change an ingrained habit like that, and I applaud your effort.

That's what I think you meant by the "joke". Was I close?

And my response was based on that understanding. Nobody bites their tongue to prevent a response unless they're pretty passionate about whatever it is that caused them to bite their tongue. You called it "chatter" and "blah, blah, blah", trying to indicate that whatever it was that made you bite your tongue meant little or nothing to you. My response was intended to show the contradiction: something that makes you bite your tongue is never something unimportant to you.

As for myself, I think your tongue bleeds simply because it's full of acid.

I liked how you wrote but but what you wrote is something I didn't like.
    I honestly see potential but just think of a better story.