HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Armed With...

Re: Armed With...

Yes, Kitty, I am Jewish, as I said in the post you're replying to. However, it's not anywhere near as organized as you'd think, especially if you compare it to some of the Christian denominations.

It's been said that if you have three Frenchmen, you have four political parties, but if you get together three Jews, you'll have five synagogues: one for me, one for you, one for him, the one on the hill that we're all boycotting and the one over by the park that we can all compromise on.

Joe, apparently Bible John is continuing this conversation over in the Political Chat forum.

*_*

How clever: taking it to a place I don't read. And, he can probably deduce that from the fact that I've never posted there.

It probably looks that way to you, but I think it's because he felt this thread was getting too bloody long.

Come on, you were doing so well, Joe! Can't you make an exception for just that one PC thread?

*_*

No. I was never interested in arguing religion with John or trying to prove him wrong. All I wanted was for him to stop shoving his religion down my throat, and by taking the "argument" to PC, he's done that. What purpose, other than entertaining the rest of you, would be served by my following him to PC?

Maybe the word entertaining should be changed to "enlightening."

*_*

It's not my business to preach to the Gentiles and try to enlighten them. It is, however, part of my responsibility to try to show by my actions how people can live properly, no matter how they believe. (We are, of course, a Nation of Priests, and an Example to the Nations.) Personally, I'd rather that people became endarkened, as the Dwarves of the DiscWorld would have it.

I honestly don't care what, if anything, John or any other member of WN believes in, I only care about how they act. Now, please, how about a comment on the alliteration in Ein Keloheinu, so that we can drag this discussion back to an appropriate subject.