HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
    Mark Reed

POD Publisher Looking for Submissions

Good day all,

Hi, my name is Mark Reed and I have formed a new Publishing Company named Heroic Journey Publishing. It was formed in November of last year initially as a Game Publishier but I have aspirations to publish more then just games.

I am now accepting submissions so I may transission into the regular publishing scene. I have over 10 years experience in printing/publishing mostly in Newspaper/magazine work but I do understand how to get a book from manuscript to printed product. I am already set up with Ingram as well as a part of Barnes & Nobles distrobution in the US and should have European Distrobution very soon. You can find out more about the submission guidelines here

http://blog.heroic-journey.net/?p=53

If you have any questions please feel free to email me at hjpsubmissionsATgmailDOTcom as this is a real open call.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from you

Mark Reed
    Owner/Publisher
    Heroic Journey Publishing

Frank Baron

Re: POD Publisher Looking for Submissions

Mark, I wish you luck in your venture and hope you have enough capital to hire a decent editor. Your post is full of spelling mistakes which don't inspire confidence if you're the one wearing the editor's hat.

Mark Reed

Yes,
    I do apologize, and I try to not have as many typo's. Yes I actually have 2 very qualified Editors On Staff and do not pretend to be an editor. I do need to slow down as I type and proof better.

So in short I have qualified editors and other staff members in this venture to handle the specifics while I run the business.

Ann Crispin

What is your standard advance and royalty rate? Do you have a boilerplate contract we could review?

Thanks.

-Ann C. Crispin
    Chair, Writer Beware
    www.writerbeware.com

Mark Reed

Ms. Crispin

I hope this answers your questions. If you have any additional questions feel free to email me at heroicjourney@gmail.com

What is your standard advance and royalty rate?
    Our Standard payment is as follows. $200-500 in advancement depending on our estimation of saleability of the book. We also offer the following Royalty percentages for the books. Hardback books are at 15%, Softcover/Paperback books are at 25% and eBook/electronic books are at 35% of Net Sales.

Do you have a boilerplate contract we could review?
    Yes I do. I will be happy to email you a copy please drop me a email at heroicjourney@gmail.com and I will be happy to forward you a copy of our basic standard contract As an aside if anyone is interested in looking over our basic contract please feel free in emailing a request I will be happy to show anyone.

larry moses

Yadda dadda daa. I hate POD's. They do not care about you or the hard word you put into your writing. They're just in it for the bucks, and I mean big bucks. If you're not savvy with the editing process, they just print your manuscript as you submit it. If you are savvy, you have to keep sending back the galley for them to correct their errors. It's a long, frustrating processs on the writer's side. Go to hell, all you PODers.

Mark Reed

Mr. Moses
    Thank you for your opinion and to answer your charges I have 2 very qualified editors on staff who edit all of the work I publish. Errors do exist but I do not want to publish a shoddy product because someone submits it to me.

I do not expect the writer to do the editing of their work as that usually proves to be a bigger headache then not so while there may be some POD'ers who are guilty of your charge I guarantee I am not one of them.