HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussionWritersNet Email
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Ryan Tate

Tate Publishing & Enterprises

My name is Ryan Tate and I am the president of Tate Publishing & Enterprises in Oklahoma. My office was recently made aware of some comments that were made on this forum about our company and I wanted to give every person interested the opportunity to get all of their questions answered. It is the goal of Tate Publishing to serve all authors and help them to make it to print while supporting them every step of the way. I have read some of the comments posted on these sites and could not disagree with them more. We do a wonderful job of working wiht authors evey day and are succedding on an incredible level in partnership with our authors. I would really encourgae anyone who would like to speak with us to call at anytime. We would love to talk with you. We reject nearly 95% of the manuscripts we receive for production so I feel that the angry comments might be becasue of that issue. Once again, please call our office at (405) 376-4900 or toll free at 1-888-361-9473 or e-mail us at info@tatepublishing.com if you have any questions. Thanks, Ryan Tate

Texas Poet

Re: Tate Publishing & Enterprises

This would fall under the classification of an advertisment under the rules of this message board. I would repectfully request that this posting be deleted. From my personal point of view, the biggest problem the company has is backing up their claims. As to the 95% rule, the turn downs are more than likely the folks that do not have the $4000 to risk on about $500 worth of services. Interesting question? Why are they not even members of the BBB that services their community after being in business for so many years?

Texas Poet

There is an "old saying"...."Thou protest too much". Fellow Board members this board is about us as a group protecting each other, let our e-mails indicate our displeasure with this company using our boards for advertising....a wonderful display of a lack of ethics on their part.

Ryan Tate

We were contacted by Hamish Gilbertson the editor/moderator of this site and he told us to make sure that we addressed the forum and had a presence. I am sorry that this offends you, but you shouldn't be allowed to say negative things without any level of accountability. I would like to address your questions. We are members of our local Chamber of Commerce as well as associated with writing guilds, but we have never felt that joining the BBB was worth our time. John, why are you still so mad? I thought you were happy last time you talked with us. Also, you can't limit nor order people to do what you want in these forums, that is the exact purpose of these forums.

Richard -

Hi Tex,
    Look, a publisher like Dorance and problably Tate will edit, design and print a beautiful book for you. They might even send out advance review copies to newspapers and magazines -- and maybe your family and friends. The problem comes in when you realize there is no distribution service for your book. Only your immediate, nearby bookswtores will stock the book or sell it on consignment. I your case, I would give Tate consideration, if you have the money. It's just a matter of self-image. If you want to be "the author of a great peotry book" in the eyes of your friends and aquaintances, then Tate is fine. If you want to write for large audiences and be a significant writer, then you'll have to find a publisher who will publish you and promote you.

Texas Poet

Thank you again for your response. You have summed up my quest for the last thirty days with your knowledge and experience. For that I am very thankful. My final decision is to go face to face with some flesh and blood publishing companies in Dallas, Texas. I understand their are some fine companies there. As to my book, the work is God's work, deserving of a quality book, that is why I elected to not go with Tate, even when they offered me a publishing contract. Value to me as to the book becoming a best seller is not important. I especially do not want to insult my Lord, by having the book published by some company whose goal to take and give back as little as possible to to others in personal service while so called "publishing the book". Since the so called moderators of this site is allowing Tate to further crash these boards, this is my last visit. My best to all of you.

[Please Note: Ryan Tate, President of Tate Publishing, takes issues with some comments in this post: "I can assure you we are not a "con" nor do we "try to give back as little as possible." (Hamish -WritersNet)]

Richard -

Hi Tex,
    Seriously, I think Tate might be a good choice for you. They are Christian oriented. Roy, I fought the law and the law won. (I shot the sheriff but I did not shoot the deputy.) Arguing with people who believe in something is pointless. IMO! Of course, you might like a good fist fight now and then. I used to but chaged my mind. I just want peace and quiet.

Hamish (WritersNet)

To be absolutely clear:

In response to a request from Tate that I remove posts critical of their organization, I suggested that they give their side of the story.

Hamish (WritersNet)

Douglas Ray

Tate Publishing charges $4000 for their "services?" That is total B.S., if its true. How can they possibly justify it? At least PublishAmerica is free, and that $4000 would go a long way towards advertising & promotion. And honey, I ain't no fan of Publish America!!!
    Douglas R.

Ann Crispin

Tate Publishing is a vanity press. Writer Beware has advised them that we believe they should reveal their true nature right on their website, rather than omitting that crucial fact until authors have contacted them and submitted a book.

We've received quite a few complaints about Tate Publishing, and the fact that they don't reveal their true nature upfront is the reason for those complaints.

Mr. Tate wrote to me, asking Writer Beware to re-examine our dismissal of Tate as a vanity publisher, and possibly even recommend them to authors. (Neither is likely to happen. For one thing, Writer Beware doesn't "recommend" any publishers. We just give the facts as we know them.)

Mr. Tate told me he believes that his company does a good job of producing the books their authors pay to have published. I told Mr. Tate about the complaints we've received. Mr. Tate said he would consider updating their website to reflect Writer Beware's request for "truth in advertising." I plan to re-check their website in a week or so to see how it reads.

I'll keep you informed as to the outcome.

-Ann C. Crispin
    Writer Beware
    www.writerbeware.com