HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Gary Kessler

Re: POD, etc

Lest we get thrown off the main thread point by all this flak c.s. is throwing up in the air, the thread issue was the cost effective point at which it is less costly to do a print run rather than use print-on-demand (POD) technology. As c.s. herself cited a POD printer (and the ridiculous number of 2,000), I doubt that she misunderstands what the real point of the thread is. For any of those who are contemplating self-publishing your book, I continue to suggest that you look into having it printed rather than having it set up for POD if you realistically see the sale of 350 units. There's really nothing more important to take away from this thread on that topic than this.

C S

Excuse me Gary, I said 1000, NOT 2000...please do not try to skew my words or exaggerate to prove your point.

Second of all to you and Mark, D to P printing is NOT offset printing, and yes, D to P is cheaper - of course it is.

CS

Gary Kessler

"Once the number of books to be printed goes over 2,000 books the cost of offset printing goes down dramatically versus POD printing."

This is the quote you gave from Llumina, c.s. In each instance I referred to the 2,000 figure, I identified it with the Llumina quote you yourself posted here.

Mark Madison

CS is a POD peddler. That's a great influence in this misinformation campaign. Sell it somehwere else.

Mark Madison

The site explains D-P (yours?) and this sounds right to me although I didn't cross reference it to AA. It's still offset and not digital photocopying s with the docutech machine. You prvided no figures, so you loose. I would add that I have no intention of using either so if that's what this is about take your Fuller Brushes elsewhere.

Carol O

Whether this is oil on the water or fuel on the fire, I don't know, but here's a Print Cost Estimator: <http://authorslawyer.com/l-print0.shtml>

You may need to scroll down a bit, but it's all good reading.

Mark Madison

He's my lawyer. Although i've never actually paid him for the advice levels we've consulted about. I ran the project I had at 7500 copies and it cam to $1.12 per copy so it goes way down from 300 copies with offset as I've said. I suspect this is what Fern has done.