HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jim holm

Robert Stephanson

I don't know who you are, but if you are a published author - by a reputable publisher - I need a paradigm shift in order to be likewise published.

I just read the story you posted online. It is filled with typos and obvious errors. This is supposed to induce me to buy a book?

The very website it's posted on contains obvious errors. Robert -- this is the publishing world, show some respect.

http://www.altair-australia.com/altair/wwbh.html

If others want a laugh they should go to this site and read his material. First read his so called credentials.

What kind of scam are you running?

In my humble opinion, you should be banned from this site. Your negative remarks have certainly hurt several real people making real efforts.

Jim

Robert Stephenson

Re: Robert Stephanson

Thanks for the heads up on some errors - the file on-line is from a draft file - so naturally it has some errors. Will rectify when to proofs get back.

The website is still in motion and barely two weeks old. Some links don't want to work, so it will take extra time to fix those. Also, not being a proof reader, some typos get through, so the proof read version of the site is still coming.

Unless you are a html expert and want to help, then maybe just leave off a bit.

I am somewhat taken back by you, but then as I have said, each person does have his or her own opinion.

Lucky you are humble, but I don't buy the opinion.

As for Scam - if it does concern you go to
    www.speculations.com and post in the ask anne column your concermns.These people investigate SCAMS.

Robert Stephenson

never sure how to respond to a person who posts in an untracable mode. Kinda says there is something to hide to me.

Robert Stephenson

Usually writers do me the courtesy of contacting me about typos or errors on the site. I do the same for others. But Owen (in a previous thread) I see you have taken to do something else. How reprenesible of you.

Andrew I can understand, he wants perfection at ever turn and I wonder if he also asks this of himself or his family - if not then hypocritical correspondence such as this becaomes tedious.

But Jim, you are the lowest of them all. Enough said to you.

Robert

jim holm

Robert -

You hold yourself to be a person of high credentials. You've stated that you teach writing, assess books, and are a literary agent. Yet, you publish on a website a story that contains many errors.

In my opinion, your story would rate a B- or less in Creative Writing in a reputable college.

Now you want me to believe that this story is a work in progress. Are you crazy?

Are you the one that is proposing a writing contest with an entry fee? Is that your game? Are you using this forum to promote participation in a writing contest.

The danger here is that naive people who have invested thosuands of hours trying to become published will take your advice based on believing your assertion of expertise.

Get over it Robert. If you have better writing, bring it on. I doubt that you do, as this piece is the one you picked to sell your book. I can only imagine what your bad writing looks like.

Jim

jim holm

One more thing, Robert. I'm not stupid. I have quickly comprehended that you're not what you say you are.

I ask again that you be banned from this site.

College professors know the difference between yours and your's. You made this and other elementary errors in your story.

Jim

Robert Stephenson

Who said I am a college professor?

Maybe someone needs to take a deep breath

jim holm

Robert -

You said that you teach a creative writing class at college. According to my Webster's that makes you a professor.

Your writing ability would suggest that makes you much worse than that.

I appeal to the powers that be to get this sham off this board.

I appeal to Dave K to take a look at this guy.

He is obviously using this board to drum up interest in his worldwide contest.

Jim

Robert Stephenson

How to Investigate Robert N Stephanson

I suggest you email Dave Kuzminski directly - ot to the P&E website

I will even turn over accounting records to Dave to verify contest transactions. There is no law that writing contests cannot be run. They are very popular in the UK and USA.

Now, I would like for you to tell me who you are and give me your legal contact details. You see Jim, I need these to create verification ofn who you are.

Did you know that in any possible (not saying there wu=ill be mind you) loegal proceeding that if I brought them against you that my business would easily be brought into the spot light. I don't have a problem with this, and legal council sees no problem with this - for you have to break the law in order to be deemed doing something wrong.

I also suggested you contact Speculations.com another website quite tough on scams. The ask Anne thread is where you post thiongs you feel need to be researched. I say it again. Go there and post your concerns.

Only verifiable concerns are usually addressed, so you will need a real name and real contact details.

Also contact Victoria Stauss, she was asked (by me) to look into my runnings to find if I did anything detrimental to writers.

You can also put "Robert N Stephenson" into google search.

Go to it. I am not the one hiding on this board

Robert

jim holm

Re: How to Investigate Robert N Stephanson

Who's hiding Robert?

I'm using my real name.

Why do you keep saying you're not a professor, when you said in a post on this board that you teach writing at a university. Are you parsing words?

There might not be anything wrong with holding a contest. There might be something woefully wrong with holding a contest and telling people that four people will read every submission, each one being paid $5 per submission. Are you willing to open your books on that one, Robert?

I'm not making value judgments for others. I've told people to go to your site and make up their own minds.

In my opinion, your writing doesn't match your supposed credentials. In my opinion, you are using this site to drum up business for your contest and to sell your books. Where is the legal action in that? Nowhere.

I have no idea why others don't see you as I do. Maybe that's why they have horse races?

Jim

jim holm

Re: How to Investigate Robert N Stephanson

Now we know who's hiding Robert.

Shame on you changing the story linked to the page.

You changeling, you.

Jim