HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New POD Book

Robert Stephenson

Re: New POD Book

Bugga - I wish boards came with spell checkers.
    In the last line - If the book doesn't earn plenty of cash I don't touch it, the other way sounds like I like being poor.

Robert

ellen reisling

Nobody cares about your spell check, Robert, as they won't ask you to edit their manuscripts. You have no credentials and your claims are fruits of your disturbed imagination, you are a liar and have no business agenting writers. Perhaps to a woman who spoke of godly charity in another thread I seem harsh in my judgment of your capacity but it's my life habit being straightforward and I don't like liars. You are trying to manufactur a legend about yourself. Aren't you too old for this sort of thing?

Robert Stephenson

Did any ones hear that? Must have been a fart off somewhere in the distance. Certainly the smell is bad.

This thread is now closed.

ellen reisling

OK, you can see, hear and now smell at the big distances, this mast be your special superpower, mate, no more questions about future events in retrospective.
    Ellen

Andrew Spriggs

I should just go right now, but maybe, as you suggest, my 'stupidy (sic)' and 'drop in the IQ rating wit (sic) ellen' just blinds me to tact.

That's right.

Tact. Tact enables me not to personally insult the people I am talking to. Tact enables me to deal with questions and untrue information with sensibility enough not to tear into that person. Tact.

Anyway, I wouldn't want to say that anyone in here has no tact; because then, inherently, I loose my own tact.

Let's go with statements, okay?

You won’t find an Altair Australia Book in a bookstore and we are still working on Amazon and Barnes and Noble e-stores, but for the benefit of the author a direct purchase from us guarantees a deserved return for the author’s work.

What does this tell me? Please, explain it to me and ellen, those of us with low IQs.

But of course, this thread is now closed. And you give yourself the GODlike power to do so. Mmm. Interesting. Untactful.

Another statement--it is too costly for a publisher to use PoD on mass-sell books. Books that sell out quickly (by big name authors, or anyone with a good, solidly written work) cannot be used in conjunction with PoD successfully. What does this tell me? Please, explain it to me.

I am insulted, as a writer of science fiction and fantasy, that my work is presumed to be a 'niche' market, not allowable in brick-and-mortar stores, and certainly not good enough for non-PoD systems.

I really dislike getting ugly, but, I guess that's just what happens when I have an IQ, given to me from someone who has NO JUSTIFICATIONS for telling me my IQ.

ellen reisling

Abdrew:

You might not know about Robert what I know. A year ago he was on this board doing same thing as he does now. I suppose it's that time of the year. Quite unexpected he posted a thread how he suffers from alcoholism for over a decade and is diagnosed with bi polar if I remember right. To me it looks more like paranoid delusions.

Anyway people who remember this pity him but he finds new responders who doesn't know or would last expect such a situation.

It's quite humorous after all being called stupid by the one who is certified like one.

It turns in a sort of a psychological labyrinth. Issue of tack you bring to the fore never play any role with disturbed people. They know not such a thing. They think it's the world's fault they suffer not their own.
    Ellen