HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Robert Stephenson

On Samples - GULP!

It became evident that the sample setup on Altair Australia Books for my Science Fiction and Fantasy collection of short stories didn't show the propper light in which the book should be viewed I have had 'Desires of the Hunted' a horror story, replaced with 'Agreeing to Live'.

Though these stories are not the best in the book, Agreeing to live might be more indicative of style and questioning manner of my work.

http://www.altair-australia.com/altair/agree.html

Though this woulod not change anyones already set idea to buy or not to buy it might clarify that the book is not a collection of dire stories of doom and gloom.

Robert Stephenson

ellen reisling

Re: On Samples - GULP!

Robert:
    I mentioned before that I study people with mental illness and from this point I was curious about your writing. However your writing style is not engaging and therefore I wouldn't read your new samples.

Ellen

Robert Stephenson

I see a word from God

Then may I suggest that your medication is not working Ellen.

You study me via a few sparatic lines of text in a forum - you must suffer delusions of grandure indeed. Even I have no such delusions.

Have you ever thought yourself as God - I understand Lithium is good for that. Though I have no need for this drug it is clear that you perhaps could do with a mild dose.

I would say at this stage, and without bragging, that I may be a far better writer than you will ever be; unless you start taking your medication that is.

Robert N Stephenson

(Someone who finds Ellen offensive)

ellen reisling

Re: I see a word from God

Robert:

Well, you are not able to tolerate criticism and you are insecure big time.
    You claimed your illness as an ongoing problem in your life.
    I read your writing sample and could see the fragmented quality of confused thinking process. Take care of yourself if it's not too late.

Ellen

Robert Stephenson

Criticism from my peers is one thing, idle words from a hack, well, my dear you don't count for much I'm afraid.

Robert

You are also a girl who abviously can't tell the difference between fiction and reality. Hmmm, judging my stability on my fiction writing?

I wonder what you'd find studying Hemingway? - oh sorry, girlie, he was a writer of some note, just ask at the library.

ellen reisling

Rude moron. But then again God prompts forgiveness to those who are mentally ill.
    Your fate is written all over your face with obvious signs of provincial degradation.
    You are a looser. You can't write and that is all there is to say.
    Ellen

web master

Thank God for that.

Robert Stephenson

And for his own forgiveness of human silliness.

Did you kinow ellen that nearly 97% of the world's population suffers from some form of mental illness? WHO

Did you also know that less than 5% of that figure actually get help and find relief from such conditions?

Did you also know that by you judging me under a set of personal guidelines not recognised by the UN, or any other social structure on the planet can indeed make you just as bigotted as any racist?

As thje adult said to the beggar child trying to steel his glasses. 'Go Away'

Robert

Kathy Rippa

Re:Gods not here now..call later

Sorry to butt in on this but my brother and mother both suffer from some mental illness. I really don't know how Ellen can get off on saying that. Man is perfect in his perfection. That's it! Take God back where you found him and leave it there...this is not the place.

Kat

ellen reisling

Re:Gods not here now..call later

Dear Kat:

You are one unlucky woman to have family suffer from such malady.

What the comment is all about that mental aggressiveness is not a way to promote bad writing. Robert is a sick man with delusion of grandeur. He will remain sick as long as he deceives himself about his life and the call to write irrational talentless stories. As male he should be recruited to the Army take a gun and express his anger where it belongs.

Ellen