HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Bobby

Re: PA for the Record

PUblius:

It's OK if you want to think I'm Meiners; I'm certain there's nothing I could say that would change your mind.

I guess when one runs out of logic, what remains available to him is to give someone the finger. How profound and indicative of your character.

Your last two posts have the flavor of an angry rant, sorta like you lost it there for a few seconds. Take a couple deep breaths fella, put your finger back where it belongs, and relax.

As far as I can tell from your response, (I'll excuse the poor usage, because I know you were angry) you're admitting you chose the less rigorous option for your bachelor's degree--one that you attempted to diminish in someone else's case. Just a tad of hypocrisy there, eh what?

Strange that a scientist like yourself with 15 years experience (albeit seasonal) who claims he was testing an hypothesis when he first went with PA would not be interested in pursuing a degree with a research emphasis. Also, I'm trying to figure out why a degree in Political Science is any softer than one in Journalism. Got any thoughts on that one?

While I was doing my own research, I came across some more of your writing. It was quite consistent of you to blame your poor grades at Cal State on female and minority professors, because blaming others for your shortcomings is what you do. You've blamed a publishing company when your book went bad,and you've blamed foreigners for the problems you've had in finding a job.

Of course, to assume responsibility for one's failures is part of the maturational process, and, in your case, therein lies the problem.

Publius2

Everthing you said above was a lie so there's no reason to quote it. My grades are none of your business but 3.00 isn't bad when those from 30 years ago are thrown in.

The Journalism degree when combined with a colateral field in biology is a great deal more rigorous than a poly sci BA.

Soft, squishy psychology, which isn't recognized as hard science in any empasis. Here's the deal Meiners' sock puppet: all you are doing is ad hominem attacking with all of this to discredit the PA critic. It's hilarious!

I'm in courses that have field research orientation right now in conservation biology, whether you like it or not my degree choice is none of your friggin business. And it certainly does nothing to discredit me. You've failed. Again. Crawl home to your boss and report the bad news. The coppers are coming.

Bobby

Publius-AKA Marky

When you write things at your blog spot, you do it so others will read what you have to say. You wrote about your grades and the relative value of different college degrees; thus you made those topics your readers' business. So. either stop writing your opinion or stop whining when others react.

You said: "The Journalism degree combined with a colateral field in biology is a great deal more rigorous than a poly sci BA".

The fact that you state the above opinion as if it were fact, does not make it fact. I mean really Mark, since you have never pursued a degree in political science, how could you possibly know how rigorous it would be?

What is undeniably factual however, particularly since you have now admitted to being the author of material written by Mark York, is that you have been lying every time you've denied you and he were the same person. That lying, not to mention your posting on a board from which you've been banned twice, has become as tiresome as your sick obsession with Publish America.

I shall now bow out and leave you to your humanitarian endeavors, although I suspect you need to get a life yourself prior to proclaiming you're a public servant.

Publius2

Buddy have you ever taken a logic course? All of these ad ignorantiam arguments are hilarious! Who the hell would get a degree in poly sci to determine if it's less rigorous than one in biology? Are you stupid? We know the answer and reasonable people would agree wuth me and do.

I am a public servant and I don't care who you think I am Mr.________ from Publishamerica. The company you defend is crooked and I and others, (did I mention that this week more have filed claims?) will prove that.

curious guy

Just curious Publius. Where do authors go to file such claims against PublishAmerica.

Publius2

<www.ftc.gov> <www.fbi.gov> And the Maryland AG's office. Ann Crispin posted it somewhere. The letter must be sent snail mail to count on the latter. The other two are online complaint forms. Follow instrctions for "file a compaint."

Publius2

Mailing address:
    State of Maryland
    Office of the Attorney General
    200 St. Paul Place
    Baltimore, MD 21202

Consumer questions: <consumer@oag.state.md.us>
    Other inquiries: <oag@oag.state.md.us>

Publius2

Mailing address
    Office of the Attorney General
    200 St. Paul Place
    Baltimore, MD 21202

Consumer questions: consumer@oag.state.md.us
    Securities Division: securities@oag.state.md.us
    Website problems or comments: webmaster@oag.state.md.us
    Other inquiries: oag@oag.state.md.us

B.L.Robinson

and where is it that you can go and check to see if complaints have actually been filed?

Publius2

Right where I sent you.