HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Don Ford

Re: Virtualbookworm.com

Today, Bobby at virtualbookworm updated my web-site to my satisfaction. It can be seen @ www.donfordbooks.com. He appears to be working to fix our problems. I will update on progress as things happen, or conversely, if they don't.

Don Ford

I have now received royalties on books sold. However, no accounting has been provided to date.

Joan

I have also heard that Virtualbookworm doesn't pay its royalties.

Lynn Brewer

I have terminated my agreement with Virtual Bookworm based Bobby Bernshausen's breach of contract.

Km! Ra

My experience with Xlibris has been a NIGHTMARE!!!

jac

KM-

Could you please elaborate on this experience; why, how was it a nightmare?

Thank you for your advice.

J-

john wariner

I am using Virtualbookworm not for the longrun but for the swift avialability of a hard cover book on POD. I am surprised at the negativity of one writer about Virt, but those things happen and it is always best to find out if the real cause of negativity isn't personality hangups. I read every source I could before chosing Virt. The point made about them consistently is that they are honest. I chose a POD because I had a great product and didn't want to wait for some publishing house to nail it on the wall for six months to a year before finding time to get it moving. My publicist and agent recommended I hurry with Amelia's Voice, a story about the return of Amelia Eahart and her pilot-friend, cigar smoking Pancho Barnes, and get it to the newspaper book editors. Remember, Harry Potter had eleven rejections; Catch 22 went through the entire Writer's catalogue in one year before starting with the A's the next year and finally selling his book. Also Mark Twain, Poe, Emersson, and Melville went to independent publishers first-----it's quicker.

I published my book My Friend Nick the Greek with self publishing firm WingSpan Press in Livermore in July 2010. They are completely on the level, and I have no complaints whatsoever about the service I received. Easy communication, very helpful, excellent press release writer, and many other good features. So far I can find not one complaint about this company in the search engines. You might check them out because some of these self publishing firms are pretty scary and a real headache.

I have been with Virtual Bookworm since 2003 and have published 10 books through them and have been 100% satisfied with the results.