HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Superstitious

j. Ted Rosien

Superstitious

I know it is silly, but when someone, like the clerk that sells me a Lotto ticket says, "Good Luck", I feel like tossing the ticket in the round-file.

So, are you a little superstitious when someone wishes you good luck with your book, or finding and agent?

Whould you just as soon tell them to shut up or say something like you would say to an actor on opening night, you know, "Break a leg"?

Mary M.

Re: Superstitious

Isn't it easier to assume that someone wishing you good luck really hopes you will have good luck?

In other words: Don't burn your bridges (and contacts)!

This is where I cannot resist wishing you good luck with your work -- because you deserve good luck.

j. Ted Rosien

Thank you Mary
    I can use all of the luck I can get. And as you say,I hope it is good luck.
    And the best to you too.

Eric Gilmartin

No, this doesn't bother me. I'm left-handed and a bit dyslexic; whenever a black cat crosses my path, or I break a mirror, I get seven years of GOOD luck. (-;

Jane Casey

Ted,
    Instead of the roundfile, toss your lottery ticket my way. I'll split the winnings with you. I'll give you the part to pay the govenment. Oh, shoot, I'll even give you the price of the ticket and stake you to 3 quarters so you can play 31.

Jane