HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Loose Lips

j. Ted Rosien

Loose Lips

I hope i don't upset anyone with this question, but "What ever happened to the idea that Loose Lips sink ships?" or in this case, loose lips can help get our military men and women killed in Afganasan.

I couldn't beleive the media telling everyone that we have troups there now looking for the terroust of the Twin Towers.

And why wont ABC let their news ancors weare the flag on their lapels, saying, "We don't want to offend anyone!"
    @#$%*( This is crazy. I am already offended by the butchery of 7,000 men and women of all naitonalities and religeons getting murdered in N.Y, Wash. D.C. and Penn.

Eric Gilmartin

Re: Loose Lips

Do you imagine we couldn't guess that we have military forces in Afghanistan already? We've only been trying (covertly, of course) to help their anti-Taliban Northern Alliance topple bin Laden's support structure for a couple of months now, even before the terrible events last month. Lips in loose or tight form have nothing much to do with simple deductive reasoning.

Jane Casey

Ted,
    I agree with you. CN has gone to "political correct" and won't use the word terrorists. The heck with the Political correct, It's gone to far. I'm not infavor of "babying" their darn sensitive feelings when they made the globe feel the terror.

Keep up the work.
    Jane

a writer guy

and this has what to do with writing?

Jane Casey

Re: Loose Lips Writer Guy

Haven't you read books? MOst have bits and pieces political and social backgrounds
    Why don't you use your real name? Or one where it isn't so obvious you don't want anyone to know who you are?
    Jane

j. Ted Rosien

This has nothing to do with writting, but I beleive this topic does not require to be about writting, It is people expressing their feelings.
    :-)

right on!

Leo Bronski

I've yet to encounter something that doesn't have to do with writing.

a writer guy

Sorry folks. I didn't mean to stir you up. I just found this site recently and have been looking at the messages for information about writing, and adding comments as I felt appropriate. The name of the forum I was reading was "other ways into print" so I was expecting something along that line. If you want to talk about terrorism and the press instead, so be it. I'll have to agree that "the press" certainly implies "writing" but it wasn't what I expected to find on here.

Jane Casey

Re: Writer Guy

writer Guy

On this forum it's very hard for the groug to control me and keep me focused on writing all the time. Yet, we do do a lot of teasing, informing, and supporting each other.
    Stick around, you might begin to like us.

Jane

Did I leave out, this bunch is very opinionated! That's also what makes them fun.