HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Peep Show Girl

Don Daffron

Re: Peep Show Girl

Ronda Hamilton:

Do what you want. I think it may be more useful for you to post something new though. Itís up to you.

Gary Kessler

I donít understand this investigating posters stuff.

Why, golly, I don't understand it either. If I spent a year writing and polishing as best I could a novel manuscript and came to a board like this, I'd certainly not want to know the background, experience, and training of those giving me advice on how to further polish my work and then how best to navigate the submissions process. No, by golly, after all of that work and having birthed a story from my gut, I'd want to trip off and do wahtever some anonymous stranger with no more writing experience than, say Daffy, has--and most probably no more than I had myself--determine the whole future of where I went from here with all that effort and time and work. Yep, that certainly would be the brilliant path to take.

Don Daffron

The wino is back.

Gay, I donít see a single best-selling author here at WN. If there is one, please let me know who it is. I know itís not you. I do know there are several women here who give valuable help to others out of love for writing. As you expose more of your psychosis here, people are learning more of what your true motivations are, and itís NOT to help anyone. THAT is for damn sure.

J. Herrick

Do you two squabble like this all the time?

J.S. Wayne

Rhonda,
    The minor technical quibbles notwithstanding, I enjoyed that and was sorry when I came to the end; it left me wanting more. A lot more. And yes, I got the first sentence and see it from both sides; it may not be "technically" pretty, but it got the point across just fine. JMOPO.
    Best,
    J.S. Wayne

Keith .

I think Don and ******* are insulting me, Gary, for reading someone's profile before responding to their post. Par for the course on WN nowadays.

I always check the profile before replying, especially if I'm providing constructive feedback. I'd respond differently to a child, teen, adult etc. Also, if someone's profile sounded like he couldn't complete a coherent sentence, then I'd probably not waste my time commenting or if that person was PubAmerican'd then I'd pass along a bit of advice.

Finally, if Don and ******* will notice I didn't take a shot at Rhonda, even though her claim was ridiculous. I asked her about it. I feel silly for missing the joke, but don't look for me to get incensed over potshots over a writing site delivered by folks who, as far as I've seen, can't write their way out of a wet paper bag.

Don Daffron

Keith:

I can't find your name in my post anywhere. I also can't find an insult until I responded to Gay, the wino. The fact is he (Gay) tried to dig up dirt on me and failed, then he whined about his failure. Why would I attack you? You're not Gay Kessler are you?

Gary Kessler

Gay, I donít see a single best-selling author here at WN. If there is one, please let me know who it is. I know itís not you.

Well, we know it isn't you, Don, don't we?

(That said, we've had best-selling authors wander through. Ever hear of Water for Elephants?)

So, what you're saying is that you think no harm is done by your trolling and blind leading the blind activities because no one here is going to become a best-seller?

And again, why would writers posting their material here for critique be more interested in hearing from other authors (or "no written record at all" folks like you) than from those actually selecting works for publishing?

Beautiful Loser

Wtf? I didn't insult anybody, Keith. I thought it was odd that Ronda/Rhonda also mentioned in another forum that she was unpublished. I usually check people's profiles; I'm more inclined to read what they've written. It doesn't matter diddly squat if they're published or not.

When someone comes to WN asking a question, goddamnit, i'll try to help them when I can. If they don't like what they receive in response, it's no loss for me or them.

Keith .

I was first to comment based on Rhonda's bio.

Don:
    I donít understand this investigating posters stuff. One nut bitched he had checked on me and couldnít find any dirt. WTF! Is this a writing site or a padded cell? Who cares who the poster is?

*******:
    Long-time posters here are very territorial, Don. Just like dogs are.

And I'm not Gary.