HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Peep Show Girl

Beautiful Loser

Re: Peep Show Girl

Amber’s shake was cold, limp and lacking in commitment.

Amber's handshake was cold and limp.

Rogue Mutt

Grimaced, the state psychologist shakes hands with her patient. "Good afternoon."

Grimaced? Que?

Keith .

Rhonda, I'm curious about this from your bio.

I've written four national best-sellers you've probably heard about. Each of them has been a number one best-seller for a minimum of 13 years.

I don't read from your field but this sounds, well, each was number one for at least 13 years? Am I reading this wrong?

jayce

If you Google the title "Mental Illness French Kissed Me and I Kissed Back", all you get is another forum where Miss Rhonda posted a similar profile.

Troll.

Frank Baron

Despite a minor quibble or three, noted by the folks above, I read it all the way to the end and I rarely do that with work posted here. Dialogue, when used well, is a great way to reveal glimpses of character and propel a story forward. And you handle it quite well.

Ronda Hamilton

Kieth that was a joke. I thought that would be clear when I said I'd written four books and all of them were number one for 13 straight years.
    Jayce I'm not a troll. When I used that bit in my bio elsewhere people loved the joke, so I used it here.
    I'll change my bio because I thought it was clear that was a joke (I thought it was funny-bummer), and the last thing I want is for people to think I'm a troll.

Thank you for all the great feedback on this first section of this novel. I wrote it for nano and it's had very little revision so this helps a lot. I'll change the tag problems and consider the other things you guys brought up.

After I do that should I re-post with the changes or just move on and post the next section?

jayce

Troll assessment retracted.

Don Daffron

I don’t understand this investigating posters stuff. One nut bitched he had checked on me and couldn’t find any dirt. WTF! Is this a writing site or a padded cell? Who cares who the poster is?

Beautiful Loser

Long-time posters here are very territorial, Don. Just like dogs are.

Ronda Hamilton

Jayce thank you for taking that back.

So do I repost with your suggested changes or just post the next section? I don't see any 'edit post' button? I feel like an idiot because this site is unlike any I've been on and I'm struggling with very basic navigation issues.

Thanks again