Ok this is the second part of the story I posted. I placed narrative next to the dialog. This is the first time I am attempting this. Here it goes:

“Begin at the beginning and continue until you get to the end. Then stop.”
“Alice in wonderland.”
“Isn't that how it goes detective?”
“I wouldn't know, I am not walking that path.”
“Oh come now, detective Sawyer, you read kids books?”
“No. My four-year-old niece does.”
“Maybe we should all follow the white rabbit.”
“Why don't we talk about kid's books downtown Brian?”
“The Mad Hatter, if you please.”
Brian stood in the corner of the room, on a crate, peering through a set of blinds, his face half illuminated by the lights flashing outside.
“Ok, Mad Hatter,” Sawyer said inching forward. A few more feet and he would be in range. His face suddenly shifted directions, and she stopped dead in her tracks.
“Don't you think it would be easier to discuss Alice someplace else?”
“Why? I like it here,” Brian released the blinds and hopped to the floor letting the blinds snap sharply. Laser sites danced across his cream shirt as six swat members pointed fully automatic rifles at him. Brian stepped closer to Sawyer, and the swat members closed in around him. He maintained a vice-like grip on the detonator in his hand, leaned forward, shifted his weight like he was about to take a step, and then leaned back. His face beamed as the swat team mirrored his movements. The situation was becoming more dangerous by the second. As long as she had Brian's attention things were good. “It doesn't have to end like this Brian,” Sawyer pleaded, drawing his attention back to her, “Come with me and everyone walks away from this.”

“Maybe it's not that simple,” Brian said, twirling around like a ballerina.
Out of the corner of her eye, Sawyer saw one of the swat members' fingers reach into the trigger wield of his weapon.
“All you have to do is give me the detonator.” Sawyer said, stretching her hand out.
Brian began to back away. One of the swat members began muttering, with one hand to his ear piece. Sawyer knew she had to act quickly or they would all be in a million pieces.