HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zombies!

Rogue Mutt

Zombies!

I wrote this for a prompt for another site. It's supposed to be 100 words or less about something falling from the sky that isn't rain. Enjoy.

Dead Rain

I thought it must be a hail storm, until I heard the crash of the roof caving in. A beam narrowly missed me before I managed to hop out of bed and get outside. There I saw it wasn't hail falling from the sky: it was corpses! Above I saw a streak of flame and heard the howl of distressed engines.

And then the bodies scattered around my yard began to groan and stand up. The one nearest me, what had been a four-year-old girl, snapped at my arm with rotting teeth. I took off running and didn't look back.

Joe Zeff

Re: Zombies!

At this point, my suggestion is that you get a supersoaker, fill it with salt water and aim for the face. If a zombie ever tastes salt, it remembers that it's dead and goes back to its grave forever.

Don Daffron

Distressed engines? Thatís purple prose!

Don Daffron

Snore

Don Daffron

Iím surprised you left out your usual orgy with a school of tuna. Itís refreshing really. Your wet dreams over tuna were way past getting old.

Lisa P

Don, you're being a real a$$.

Don Daffron

Snore

Rogue Mutt

See, this guy has some fixation with me. It's creepy.

Don Daffron

Snore

Don Daffron

Creepy is too descriptive. Tone it down. People donít even notice you on WN. Stop thinking criticism of your work is personal. People are just trying to help you learn to write. Get into vamp fantasies; that seems to be more your style. Oh yes, you can put in a tuna orgy if you want. Just stop taking yourself too seriously, lighten up, then I think the writer in you may come out. Discover your voice. You seem to like tuna; write a ten thousand page novel about a tuna that falls in love with a vampire/zombie and has a large family.

Just a few suggestions, feel free to ignore as always. If you donít ignore, just donít take it personally . . . and tone down the purple prose.