HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Font size

Nolan Wilson

Font size

Can anyone help me with font size for my manuscript/synopsis?
    I have it set at 12 now.... double spaced courier script.

Josh Lemay

Re: Font size

Twelve should be the correct font size for your manuscript(and I believe synopsis) when you're submitting it to an agent/publisher. Double spaced for the manuscript, but I'm not sure on the synopsis(I think you might single space it). Times New Roman or Courier New font is good.

Lum Arifi

RightWriter is the software tool that actually improves your grammar skills.
    You don't have to understand grammar rules to use RightWriter. RightWriter will show you the problem area and make suggestions explaining how to fix it.

RightWriter Includes

Grammar Checker
    Punctuation Checker
    Syntax Checker
    Writing Strength Checker
    Style Analysis
    Selectable Analysis Methods
    Strength and Complexity Indexes
    Advanced Spelling Checker

For other interes and more information click on the web site :

http://www.elitemindsinc.com/jamaffi...rox.php?id=155

Lea Zalas

Nolan,

It's an ongoing argument whether to use TNR or Courier. Before you send it out to an agent always check their submission guidelines at <http://www.agentquery.com> and, if they have a website, check there also. If they specify which font to use for your submission, then send it in that font.

Font size 12 is the norm.

For your synopsis format, again you need to decide. There are disagreements on that also, whether to single or double space a synopsis if it's longer than one page.

Lea

Book Werm

Want To Improve Your Writing?‏

Published by Lum Arifi
    10/03/2009
    ISBN: 12452369
    RightWriter solves your writing problems. Is your grammar not as better as it should ought to be? Does your writing make you sound less intelligent than it should? Is your writing weak? Do you wonder how many errors in your documents go unnoticed by you? RightWriter can fix your grammar and writing problems instantly and make your writing look intelligent, polished and professional. Imagine having your own private English Teacher available to proofread everything you write. RightWriter is even better because it is faster and more thorough. RightWriter uses the unique SmartGrammar® analysis engine which performs advanced and context-based checks for errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Even if you know nothing about Grammar Rules, you can use RightWriter to fix your writing. RightWriter is simple to use. Do you want to make your writing impressive? Do you want other people to see you as intelligent? Do you want an easy, quick-fix for grammar problems? Then download your copy and start using it in the next two minute. RightWriter is the software tool that actually improves your grammar skills. You don't have to understand grammar rules to use RightWriter. RightWriter will show you the problem area and make suggestions explaining how to fix it. RightWriter Includes Grammar Checker Punctuation Checker Syntax Checker Writing Strength Checker Style Analysis Selectable Analysis Methods Strength and Complexity Indexes Advanced Spelling Checker For other interes and more information click on the web site : http://www.elitemindsinc.com/jamaffi...rox.php?id=155

d d

Everything I've read has led me to believe that TNR is the new standard.

Courier is a bit past its prime.

Can I also say that I am tired of seeing this RightWriter crap pop up in every thread?

Book Werm

More than tired, I put it up copied it to this thread as a joke. If this is what we should aspire to, time to pack up and go home.

NB-Maybe now poster will quit.

Nolan Wilson

thanks everyone... i prefer to write in TNR, and was only really looking for a font size. My novel is 114,000 words, and i found it much easier to read and reread and reread and edit,edit,edit with TNR and a font size of 12. In this format my book runs 190 pages as opposed to 300+ with double spaced courier.

Lea Zalas

By all means, when typing it up, do whatever works for you. I use font size 14, doublespaced when I'm first writing and editing. When getting ready to send out, I change to the requested format.

H W

Sounds like you have everything quite correct. I ussually do Times new roman size 12 double spaced.