HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Too Difficult?

Rogue Mutt

Too Difficult?

Dear WN Moderator:

I put this board together in about twenty minutes. For free. And I only know a few basic HTML commands. That's why I'm not buying your excuse that you don't have the resources to upgrade the site.

Busy Lizzy

Re: Too Difficult?

Your site looks really nifty, Rogue.

It would be great if you could shovel everyone from WN over there. But that would never work. People are too set in their ways.

My attempts to find a place for our FAQs here in this site was condemned to death from the start, because most people are afraid of anything new.
    Just like the moderator of WN.[sigh]
    If you try something new here, you soon feel like a goon. That is extremely frustrating.

BTW, where is your FAQ list in your forum? Missed that. ;-)

Rogue Mutt

You need to have people on the site before you can have "Frequently" Asked Questions.

sam albion

I tell you what annoyes me- half of the posts I have written in the few days I have been here HAVE NOT APPEARED on the site...

what is the point in that?

sam albion

(please excuse the above typo..)

Busy Lizzy

Hmm. That is strange sam.

Although, we used to have the case here in this forum that a post just vanished when you took too long writing it.

You would labor on it for, say, fifteen minutes and then, when you wanted to post it, it just sort of <blink>POOF</blink> vanished into thin air.

Maybe that is what happened to yours. I thought they had changed that so it couldn't happen any more. [shrug]

Rogue: Yeah, that makes sense. I'm sure you would be a better Mod than the ones we have here.

Rogue Mutt

Rogue: Yeah, that makes sense. I'm sure you would be a better Mod than the ones we have here.

Only if you like living under a brutal Stalinesque dictatorship.

Busy Lizzy

Oh, wow.

Well then I prefer WN after all. ;-)

l m

Hell, I'd consider joining RM's site.

RM, why don't you create a dedicated subforum for query critiques only? That might draw a good number of folks, and help you gain a critical mass of members and regular posters. I'm more inclined to crit a query because they're a specific, constrained form, and requires less time that a 1,000-word excerpt from a work-in-progress.

Just a thought.

Or offer bribes--a vodka ration?

Rogue Mutt

Ha, I put on a FAQ board and a Query critique board. Took me like five minutes and most of that was just to get them in the right order. That's how easy it is!