HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Critique Circle

Rogue Mutt

Critique Circle

Does anyone here use Critique Circle for crits? Right now I have a chapter in the sci-fi queue and it's the only story in ANY queue with no crits at all, which is sort of embarrassing. I've even done crits for other people and none of the jerks have got me back. So if anyone uses that site, maybe you could give me a crit just so it doesn't end with a goose egg. I don't even care what you say--you can quote recipes for tuna casserole if you want. I'm just trying to get it off zero before the queue closes on Wednesday morning. Thanks.

Lisa P

Re: Critique Circle

Take it as a compliment, Mutt. It's harder to crit when there are no "easy" mistakes, which I didn't see
    glancing through the chapter. I'll go back and take a closer look.
    ; )

Rogue Mutt

You don't have to give a real critique, just write more than 50 words. Thanks to me there's only one other one with less than two crits--and that one only has one because I did it! There are still three other chapters left. I was just using up my points so I don't care that much about the quality of critiques but it's still embarrassing to be the only one with a goose egg.

Rogue Mutt

Really, I haven't felt that uncool since high school. ;-)

martin shaw

Trying to work out how to send now that I have written it (on circle)

Rogue Mutt

You can also read the whole story by going to the blog I set up, though it's just a rough draft with all sorts of little errors in it. <http://emmaearl.blogspot.com/>