HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Gary Kessler

Re: How much to post?

I think Jayce gave Chris good enough response before the "not to be offensive" stuff started.

martin shaw

Now you know you all stick together and mess up the board leslee you control freaks.

martin shaw

A quip wont ruin a thread, but the way you all seem to respond will and its as simple as that.

Joseph Canavan

Keep it short and sweet Chris and you will get more feedback. I say keep it to around 500 words and you will get plenty of responses.

Chris Anderson

Thanks, um, everybody Interesting thread, but yes I did get the info I needed! I'll try to find smaller samples to represent the larger picture.

mar quesa

I'm with Joseph,

Keep it short. You don't need to send the whole 1800 words for people to appreciate your story. If the writing quality is "good" and the story is promising it would show right away.

junel ;-)

"I'll try to find smaller samples to represent the larger picture."

Be better to post the opening of the first chapeter.

Smiling Curmudgeon

I'm with L Bea, leslee et al.

The award for best line of the day goes to Gary for a one-liner a ways upstream.

Martin, what do you gain by derailing threads with inane posts, many of which are unintelligible? You shoved this one off the tracks. Couple days ago, you blew up one started by Larry Moses. If you merely have an urgent need to masturbate your ego, SMOKO is your home away from home. Your infantile behavior reveals more about you than you realize. You're the only one who thinks you're clever.

In the words of chef Ramsay on "Hell's Kitchen," "Piss off, Martin."

Bleh.

Cur (Side note to Bea and Kitty. Thanks for your kind comments the other day. I guess this post establishes I'm not immune to getting on my soap box. Some of the clowns who parade through here are prime candidates for prefrontal lobotomies.)

martin shaw

Thatís the point I didnít shove it off the tracks; it was a small joke to ease things.

Prince on the other thread was just a new writer who chomped at the bit at something very small, it turned out he was waiting to have a dig at you all to his detriment. You all have done this sort of thing in your early days, so donít drive yourselves forward with your own self importance

Cur or wotever you call yourself, standing on a soap box is easy with your mice friends in there million hoards (Bowie). And yes it is a soap box like you say, as small and rickety as it is, its what your writing world is now becoming -or has come to.

I am here and that is that, your egos will have to land sometime or other. I treat you all less harsh than you have treated me and others that I have seen. If you donít like it, Iím sorry but its part of everyday life.

Most of you can write, but so can my Granny. The point is she no longer has the desire to be anything realising she just cant anymore: I see that in a few of you (Cur included), you skim the edges without depth.

It looks to me that when a writer goes back at you all you generally spit your dummies out.

Gary posts his dryness on other threads when he sees fit, there is no wit there might I add, so whatís the problem with a little joke. I see a good few people here who know a lot about something they just canít really do; I may be wrong on a few instances but what the heck, and like I say its just life.

Gary Kessler

What "things" on this thread needed eased, Martin? No, you were just backbiting--again.