Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: A FEW QUESTIONS

larry moses

Re: A FEW QUESTIONS

What the frog is this?

What are you talking about, Kitty?

You didn't insult me, Smiling C. It's the others who came at the tail end.

Kitty Foyle

larry, may I blame my confusion on Mercury Retrograde? :-) (The communication planet goes direct at the end of this month.)

For some crazy reason I got you mixed up with Stephen Davis.

*_*

Karen Campbell

Larry, I believe my feedback was part of that "tail end" and no, I'm not a traditionally published writer. And I do apologize for not offering more encouragement in my post, as we all need positive comments. Hard knocks are easy enough to find, but kind words are rare.

But if you havenít taken Beaís comments to heart, I suggest you read them again. I have no idea what your personal history is, but mine is one of practice, practice, practice. I have a writing degree and have written advertising copy for decades, but didnít become serious about fiction until six years ago. My first story was terrible and I knew it, but by the fifth or sixth I thought I was getting pretty good. I was wrong. A year went by, then another, and I was 500,000 words into this obsession and finally feeling competent. Wrong again. But I was blessed with talented friends who gave me the gift of honesty. Their feedback, good and bad, coupled with lots of reading gave my practice direction. I got better. I now have a completed novel for which I am sending out queries and Iím working on my second novel. If neither of those find a market, Iíll try again with a third or a fourth. Practice makes perfect.

Best of luck and keep writing.

Karen