HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A FEW QUESTIONS

larry moses

A FEW QUESTIONS

I thank all who are giving me ....ahm...not so polite feedback. Are any of you best-selling authors? Did others criticize your work harshly to give you a jolt?

I don't know...but the feedback I got about my query didn't make me feel so...so...insulted. I felt it came straight from honest hearts.

martin shaw

Re: A FEW QUESTIONS

The trick is to take it on the chin dude; disregard the insults and salvage what you can, but above all else keep on writing and donít let the bastards grind you down.

Gary Kessler

Different set of folks, of course. Here, they don't know what will work with a specific agent/publisher, but they are giving their time and best shot at trying to help you specifically. An agent/publisher doesn't give a @!#$ about you at that point, they don't have to do more than have their assistant glance at what you send in, and they've got a drawer full of nicely worded form letters to send you to make you feel like you have hope and got attention.

martin shaw

Yeah... to be truthful Larry dude, Iíve read your other thread again and itís all pretty helpful stuff. If agent Smith has asked for your file, youíd better give him it before he changes his mind.

prince ronald

Hey, you're the dude that just posted some gooblygoop stuff in my intro. Who the @!#$ should take you seriously? Go smoke a @!#$ pipe.

martin shaw

Nice statistic; I see you have the edge on me... you win.

prince ronald

win what? adults playing childrens games? So suck on some WD-40, jerkhead.

martin shaw

What's WD40 dude?

prince ronald

go figure,mormon

prince ronald

go figure,mormon. wait a minute. i forgot. you still in diapers. tell your mommy to put some in your feeding bottle