HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Jean Bonifacios

Re: How do you describe music?

It was the only thing I could come up with when I read tortoise and scrotum.

martin shaw

Ha.... got the connection though right?

Jean Bonifacios

If your connection was supposed to make me twist my face up with a loud, "WTF?" then yeah, I got your connection.

martin shaw

But you did get it, and I shall add you to my list of favourite scrotum connoisseurs

Josh Lemay

Check out Elizabeth Haydon's book series A Symphony of Ages. It starts with Rhapsody.

Elizabeth Haydon, herself, is a harpist and a singer. One of the main characters in her series, Rhapsody, sings and plays a variety of instruments. She does a really good job of having the music sections(which are fairly common within the series) portrayed in interesting and thoughtful ways.

Forewarning though, the book is more adult themed, so if you aren't into reading sex scenes(not always consensual), violence, and other grittier themes(cannibalism at a few points, but not described in intricate details). It's an interesting book series, though(at least the first three, last three were ok, but 'eh'). She's not the best, not the worst, but her musical sections are very well done and from her personal experience.

Tania R

Thanks, I'll check it all out...

She's a guitar player, she writes pop/rockish songs. It's not the main plot though. It's something she does on the side.

Gary Kessler

The Internet is a marvelous research tool for writers. Most writers do their own research.

sam albion

walnuts, or cerebral cortexes, perhaps... not tortoises... just my opinion...