HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Rogue Mutt

Re: Newbie question about obscenities

Aw, I wanted to get into a theological debate but then I kept getting that SQL error. I'm sure John would say that was God's handiwork. I'd say it was the server coupled with neglect by the site owners.

Rogue Mutt

I would have to say, though, what makes "God" THE God? Why not Zeus or Odin? They were equally real to their believers back in the day.

Kitty Foyle

I don't mean to highjack this thing either but John, do you visualize God as a man with an appendage hanging down between his legs? I mean, seriously?

*_*

Keith .

What good would it do to be God if you couldn't have a gigantic appendage or huge knockers? Waste of power otherwise, if you ask me.

Kitty Foyle

Precisely, Keith. Perhaps this "God" (Source) is a part of us ALL.

Including our big bouncing boobs (or lack thereof)...flabby butts...HUMONGOUS frontal appendages... And like that there.

*_*

Keith .

Huge knockers, huge appendage, a pair of hands for each and a universe of babes and studs to share them with. Now that's what I call divine! It's good to be the king, er, God.

leslee

John's God is gonna strike you blasphemers d-e-a-d.

dan z

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha,etc... to infinity.
    That's how God must be laughing at the "sleepy heads",not to name names, the ones not able to wake from their perpetual nightmare.
    "Does God have a huge appendage between his mighty legs?" was asked.

Paradoxically it's all enourmous, medium size, and tiny at the same time, since by Oberon's book of tall tales, God built man in his own image. And since humanity ended up with a multitude of sizes of shlongs, objects built in God's own image, one can logically deduce that God is full of wieners... and boobs of all sizes, and testicles by the million tons, and innumerable vaginas of all collors, sizes and shapes. My logically drawn opinion. Can't argue with that... or can you?

Keith .

boobs of all sizes ...innumerable vaginas of all colors, sizes and shapes ...

Oh, to be single again ...

John Oberon

Jesus was God manifested as a man. I'm sure He had all the normal parts of a human. However, the Bible plainly says that God is spirit and must be worshiped in spirit and in truth.

I don't pretend to understand totally what the "image of God" means, but from what I've read, I think it means something like "patterned after". Like God Who is three Persons in One, we have a body, mind, and spirit. When people see my face, they say, "There's John." When they see some of my writing or drawings, they say, "That's John." When they see something done or said in the same spirit as I would, they say, "That's like John." Three ways I am known, yet one person. And we see this pattern repeated throughout creation. Morning, noon, and night - a day; vapor, liquid, ice - water; trinities upon trinities that shout the character of their Creator.

There's a vast difference between THE God of the Bible and Zeus or Odin. Zeus is dead and has been for centuries, because he was created by man, and we know that all man's creations crumble to dust in the end. But the God of the Bible has existed from the beginning and lives today, changing lives right now as He has from the beginning. All other gods have an origin, a place where they began. Buddha, Krishna, Set, Dianna...name any other God and you can point generally to a time in history when they did not exist, and then came into existence. Not so with the God of the Bible. He is unique. He existed before the world and created it. You can't point to a time in history when He did not exist, because He's the One Who started it all.