HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Kitty Foyle

Re: Newbie question about obscenities

"The Bible says that if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that He is God's Son, that He rose from the dead, and that He is able to save you, you'll be saved"

Confess with my "mouth"? You mean to people on the street? Saved from what exactly....eternal hellfire? I could never understand what they meant by "saved." There are so many humans who have never even heard of JC.

Didn't Jesus Christ teach that the Kingdom of God is within us?

John, I'm on my way out the door. Would you be interested in transferring this subject over to Smoko? Those who aren't interested will merely pass on by. One hopes.

*_*

Rogue Mutt

Hooray the thread made 100. Anyway, I'm not going to rise to John's bait except to say there are historians who believe there is a factual basis for King Arthur, but that doesn't make those stories true. Nor does the existence of the city of Troy make the Iliad factually accurate.

I think I hear the bell now.

John Oberon

Alrighty, Kitty. I'll start a thread in Smoko. Mutt, I'll be over there if you're interested in my reply.

Rogue Mutt

I don't know why Kitty was so hot to inflict Smoko with this garbage. Whatever. I already know what Oberon is going to say. There's a place called Jericho so we should take the story literally that some dudes with horns blew the place down. Riiiiiiiight. You know there's actually a New York City but it doesn't mean Spider-Man is real.

Lisa P

You know there's actually a New York City but it doesn't mean Spider-Man is real.

Say it ain't so, Mutt...

; )

Rogue Mutt

Well, you had to find out sometime.