HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Short Story

. .

Short Story

Hello Everyone,
    I'm posting this new thread to share a short story that I've written. It's a romantic comedy (let's see if the story can bring a smile to your face ). I wrote the story with the target readers of 20 to 30 years of age. Some phrases/events might seem regional.

Since, Iím logging in after a long time I've forgotten how to activate the weblinks. Was it <u> or [i] or <http>? Still, here is the link to my page. Please copy-paste this link in a new browser. And, please do accept my advance apologies for the extra copy-paste.

<http://mitajain.wordpress.com/short-stories/birthday-boy/>

I hope you enjoy the story. And of course, I'm looking forward to feedback.

Regards,
    MJ

MJ .

Re: Short Story

Oops. Silly me!
    The message came up so bad because of the brackets I used to explain my trouble. Here is the repost.

Hello Everyone,
    I'm posting this new thread to share a short story that I've written. It's a romantic comedy (let's see if the story can bring a smile to your face ). I wrote the story with the target readers of 20 to 30 years of age. Some phrases/events might seem regional.

Here is the link to my page.
    <http://mitajain.wordpress.com/short-stories/birthday-boy/>

I hope you enjoy the story. And of course, I'm looking forward to feedback.

Regards,
    MJ

Patrick Edwards

Hey, MJ

Did you mean for this to come off as a screenplay?

Also, I feel lost somewhat as I read through piece. I stopped kinda early, but it could just be me

MJ .

Hello Patrick,
    Thanks for reading my work, and posting a reply here.

I didn't mean the story to be a screenplay. But as an experiment, I wrote the story in a sequence of thoughts of the narrator, and his conversation with the journalist. I chose this style so that the reader may feel that the narrator is directly conversing with him/her.

The story is about a college going boy who falls in love with a junior. In reply to his proposal, the girl puts forth a bet. This story is about this boy's efforts to win the bet, and eventually her love.

Regards,
    MJ

John Oberon

Is English your native language?

MJ .

Hello John,
    No, English is not my first language.

John Oberon

Well, it shows in how you write. There's missing words, and the way you express things is often confusing and unclear. And the regional stuff just begs more questions. I thought the general premise was okay, but the writing destroyed any enjoyment. Very difficult to follow.

Patrick Edwards

MJ, what John wrote is perfectly put. What he said is what I was trying to say.

MJ .

Ok, guys.
    Thanks for your input.