HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Rogue Mutt

Re: Probably a familiar lament, but . . .

Wow, a whole week until you post your inane response. That's a new low even for you.

Missy Cote

I never know what to put in these threads. I am of the firm opinion that no one really cares what I think about anything, but I also don’t want to be one of those people that come in here and take and give nothing back. So for what it’s worth here is my opinion--- Unless you are writing true-life stories, I wouldn’t worry about it. I think most people use characteristics of people they know in their stories. I know I do. If you are writing true-life, then I think I’d use a pseudonym. I wouldn’t want my friends and relatives to think I was capitalizing on their struggles and hard times. But that’s just me. I make it a game with the people I know. I will give them a story to read and tell them…Ok guess which character you are? Lol They all think its funny, even if they end up being a demon, or ghost, or vampire.

Missy

Cathy C

I ask friends and family who they WANT to be . . . and then make it so.

The vampire villainess in one book was created after a friend (including her NAME and description) who "had always wanted to be bad, but just couldn't bring herself to to bad things." After reading what we wrote, she even added some suggestions of what she "did to people" who crossed her. LOL!