Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Busy Lizzy

Re: How can I edit this?

Jo,
    That sounds great! Good luck to you!

I hope that you've found someone, who understands that this is
    firstanny's story
    second: yours

and respects this. I had the impression that the other editor didn't do this and added or subtracted from the story as he/ she thought best.

Don't let them "put in" anything that doesn't really belong to his and your story.

I think that is very important. For you and him.

Jo Mazz

"I hope that you've found someone, who understands that this is
    firstanny's story
    second: yours

and respects this. I had the impression that the other editor didn't do this and added or subtracted from the story as he/ she thought best.

Don't let them "put in" anything that doesn't really belong to his and your story.

I think that is very important. For you and him."

Exactly Lizzy! I'm sorry I gave it to that mook. He left me feeling empty, and the book even more empty. That's why I had it tucked away for a year.

I sealed the deal with the new editor late today. She is going to give it a shave and a bath. She also agreed to restructure, and give it a better flow. She's local so I don't have to wait three months for a response to a question I might have. (That was brutal.)

You may not believe this, but yesterday I was asking Danny for a clue. My daughter is a graphic designer. She called me a few minutes later, and told me about this editor she knew. Though hesitant, I sent the editor a few parts. When I saw her work, she amazed me. I got my hope back. Strange things happen when you're in good standing with someone on the other side.

Now I can move on, and get Danny comfortable between the pages of a book that will most likely go into the antique trunk with the rest of my penned legacies.

I don't write well. I spent my life raising kids. I also own five restaurants, including the one I created in his name, "Dannyboy's Place for Lunch." That's what I do well. I cook. (Joe and I also own an insurance brokerage firm.) That's what Joe does well.

So, I'm not looking to "cash in on my son."

It has been nice talking with you, Judy, John O., Kieth, Mutt, and many others. I enjoyed your works.

Sorry about the melt down last week. It happens. I know everyone has an opinion. They're all good I suppose; Including leslee's? She's over it.

I'm better off paying for an editor.

Goodnight and thanks again.

Stay strong and happy. Keep writing. The world needs your stories.

Jo

PS: Mutt, I will never forget you.. Carry on!

Busy Lizzy

You may not believe this,...

I do, Jo, and I'm very happy for you and wish you the best of luck.

Keep us in touch how it's going and when your book is out!