HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
    Brandon Cleveland

I shelved my first (and unpublished) novel, and have begun writing my second ...

I have a question concerning my first chapter and my story in general -

My second book takes place in the year of ... well - in time(s) spanning 1956 and 1993.

As a life-long comic fan, I wanted to write about how I think a group of people with powers would truly function in a realistic world.

In the book, the U.S. government in the early-1960s observes a phenomena concerning a man that has powers - who would become the founder and leader of Team 6 (tentative book title), a group of assembled by the original guy himself throughout the late 70s and early 80s.

The book begins near the end of the story in 1993, with all of Team 6 dead and the antagonist - the team traitor - made apparent.

The rest of the book is composed of chapters that string together events that lead up to the deaths of all of Team 6 throughout, and other chapters that deal either with personal histories of critical characters in the book (team 6, other important folks in the story).

Is this layout feasible? Will it work, do you think?

Keith .

Re: I shelved my first (and unpublished) novel, and have begun writing my second ...

Practically any idea will work ...if you can write it. Luck.
    km

leslee

Re: I shelved my first (and unpublished) novel, and have begun writing my second ...

As Keith said, it's all about the writing.

Uttuku6 Uttuku6

The Uttuku say that anything that progresses, move forward is a good thing. It is in learning that we grow towards light. Write towards the light.

Keith .

No! Stay away from the light, Carol Ann! The TV people are there!

leslee

Personally, I enjoy writing toward the dark. Very dark.

Gregory White

Cross OVER, writers. All are welcome -- all welcome. Go into the light. There is peace and serenity in the light. Now --- let's go get your novel!

ROFL

G.

Naomi R

Oh my gosh. That sounds so awesome. *runs to find book one*