HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Debbi Voisey

Re: Developing Relationships

Oh Patrick!! One of my all-time FAVE King stories! It's amazing. I think he is all about character.... IMHO one of the very best character creators in history.

Rita Hayworth too.... an amazing story. With King I always *care* about his characters so much. From beginning to end.

Patrick Edwards

It's funny you bring him up. Check it: I'm reading an awesome book right now, but I am so tempted to buy Stephen King's new book of shorts...but I'm thinking it might ruin the good feelings/interest I have towards what I'm reading now and I so want to continue reading. So I'll wait to get it...but it's hurting a brotha

Debbi Voisey

I am hoping that Santa might bring me that this year! Love, love, love his short stories. You can wrap yourself up in them all in one go.

What book are you reading now?

I just sent you an email... hope you don't mind. Can't keep hijacking Phil's thread! Let's take this outside, LOL

Sorry, Phil.

Keith .

OMG, sorry to prolong the hijacking but I love SK's shorts (hope that doesn't get reprinted out of context!). I didn't know he had a new one out. Sheesh, how frigging long have I had my head buried in this manuscript? Thanks, Patrick. B&N tomorrow!
    km

Debbi Voisey

Don't feel bad, Keith. I only just heard about his last novel, Duma Key - and that's in paperback already! LOL. I have been out of the loop a little too.

Debbi

Oops, I did it again!

Patrick Edwards

(I think Phil would understand and be excited at the passion we're exhibiting--right, Phil?

The funny thing is that I haven't been reading his recent books (other than The Cell, which I thoroughly ejoyed), like Lisey's Story and the Duma Key one...but a strong rekindling hit me when I found out this one was coming out. And the reviews look pretty good, too.

(Beginning to look as if I'm gonna have to double-fist matters... )

Debbi Voisey

I don't know what "double fisting" means, but I REALLY hope it means you're gonna read two books at the same time!

Otherwise, you're in completely the wrong forum!!

Anyhoo, time for bed. Glad to have met two fellow "Constant Readers" on here.

;-)

Debbi

Patrick Edwards

!!!

Phil Reynolds

Okay, sorry it's been so long since my last message--this site was giving me issues. Yes, Patrick, I'm glad to see lots of fellow Stephen King enthusiasts here. And Duma Key was an excellent novel.

Back on topic, the story and its relationships are developing nicely now. I'm thinking of posting Chapters 1 and 2 for critiquing in a separate thread. They introduce the main characters. Think I should go ahead and do that?

Joe Zeff

By all means, Phil, post for critique, but try to keep it to about 1000 words or so at a time, as more tends to make people's eyes glaze over.