HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Lindsey Carnahan

Re: This is an excerpt from chapter 22 of my novel "The Changing". Critiques are appreciated!

Ha! How about sentEnce?

S Stull

Re: This is an excerpt from chapter 22 of my novel "The Changing". Critiques are appreciated!

Lindsey:

These suggestions are good.

Also: Sporadically is not a word that fits into your work right now. I realise what YOU mean, I know what IT means, but I feel like you're trying to impress someone. (And the word reminds me of a disease, hehe)

Have to agree, the (lol) sporadic use of the capitalisation, however artfully applied, is not quite right.

Last, when using dialogue, a comma precedes the tag (he said, she said. You had a place or two in your piece that should have been, "Et cetera," he said. (Or whatnot.)

Good luck, Lyra

d. Leroy

"...was falling so gently..." , "I didn't know what exactly..." , "I wandered aimlessly, pausing sporadically..."

You're trying to write elegantly and failing miserably (pun intended). Just tell the story.

Also, it was mentioned earlier to proof-read stuff before you post it. This will save you a tremendous amount of heart-ache.

d.

Lindsey Carnahan

HaHa. I didn't realize sporadic was an impressive word.

S Stull

It's not. But neither is it a common word.