HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Debbi Voisey

Re: test query - numero 3

The self-importance of some of the folk on here never ceases to amaze me. Most of us are not so hot on queries, or perfect with our craft, which is why we are still unpublished and come here for help.

Larry... just remember one thing. You don't have to take the advice of anyone on here, because *everyone* has a different take and they can't all be right. The thing with writers struggling to get their work out there is that everyone (including me, ha ha) thinks their way is best and even if you were a best selling author posting in disguise, half the people on here would re-write what you just wrote.

It's all subjective. And we are all learning.

Take what works for you and leave the rest. Not every piece of advice on here is the Gospel

Good luck to you with your work.

Debbi

Rogue Mutt

Why are people still taking this seriously? It was clearly a joke.

Cathy C

Why was it "clearly" a joke, Rogue? And even if it is, the learning process is still helping all of the lurkers who don't post. I can't imagine this site could exist if the only people who visit here are the 20 or so of us who actually post. [shrug]

larry moses

It was not a joke, Rogue Mutt. (I thought Mutts were nice, friendly animals) I really want to be published the trad way. I just can't write a compelling query letter and I'm not the only one. I'm sure when you started someone had to help you.

Thanks, Debbi V. A few cold-hearted people here will not stop me from doing what I love to do - WRITE. I have a paassion for the craft and I'm not going to stop until arthritis cripples my fingers. lol

Have a great day, ALL.

Rogue Mutt

Come on, people have pulled this schtick before, though kudos to larry for at least not saying he was receiving a six-figure advance before he skips off shouting "Neener, neener!"