HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
    Dami Owoyele

Advice for the Upcoming

Hello,
    I am an ardent lover of creativity dressed in words. Especially when it reflects upon the truth and important issues, either locally or globally. I have been writing for about 8 months now, and I am willing to get better. I have been studying this great craft on my own and can only hope to get better. My interest is prose, poetry, short story, and someday I hope to write a novel. Of recent, I have created a blog so as to have an avenue to publish my write-ups, also joined content producing sites on the net: associatedcontent.com and helium.com. Though, I feel this will not raise me to that great height I aspire for. I will really appreciate for any concerned individual to FREELY express their opinions as to my writings. You can read them at www.imaginationandexpression.blogspot.com. The two articles are poetry, and they are 'Mango Girl' and "You're a Pain in the Heart".

Rogue Mutt

Re: Advice for the Upcoming

So what's your advice, to go on message boards and plug your blog shamelessly?

Dami Owoyele

I don't have any other motive for referring writers to my blog, if not just seeking for opinions about my writings. I sincerely apologize if you think I have an underhanded motive. Also I will like to point out that i am new here and i am sorry if i have been ignorant to the rules. However, I will like to point out a fact that i have also been referred to a writer's URL to give a comment about a short story on a forum: Unpublished Writers.

Keith .

"You're a Pain in the Heart" sounds more like a country music song title. Does it talk about trains, mullets, gettin' drunk or hound dogs lying under the porch? Can we line-dance to it?

We used to have a buffet/country music joint nearby called Country Earl's Chompin' and Stompin'. Your song would do well there.
    km

Busy Lizzy

Dami,

In this forum, you don't refer people to your blogspot, because loads of the posters here have their own blogs and there would be no end to this type of thing.

If you are seriously interested in having someone critique your writing, you should post an excerpt here. But don't make it too long, because then nobody will bother to read it.

HOWEVER be warned: this is a lion's den. Writers Net members can be very brutal.It can hurt.

On the other hand, if they like what you write, you get some nice positive feedback.

On the whole, you can learn a lot from what people say, but remember, you need a thick skin.

Good Luck,
    Busy Lizzy

Rogue Mutt

HOWEVER be warned: this is a lion's den.

As long as it's not the Detroit Lions. Meow.

And if you post an excerpt make sure to put an extra space between paragraphs so it doesn't run together because this software is junk.

A.L. Sirois

Yeah. And don't talk with your mouth full.

And don't track mud across my nice clean kitchen floor!

leslee

We'll shred you and laugh. Laugh, I tell you!

Joe Zeff

If this is a lion's den, maybe I should change my logon name to Daniel?

Dami Owoyele

Thank you guys. I really appreciate your humor and criticism at this. It is quite refreshing. I guess this is a welcome note for me. I will want to specially appreciate busy Lizzy for being mild and gentle at my mistake. I really pray for anybody to make a tiny bit of mistake henceforth;then I will unleash Hell.