HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thought police

leslee

Re: Thought police

That's exactly what the guy on the next stool said to me the other night. Some of the best writers were alcoholics. And some of the worst.

Denise Keller

You know, I didn't want to own up to the influence of booze on my writing until I had actually published something and it might give my work "flavor".

But I can see there are no secrets here.

Jean Bonifacios

I\'m new, and this looked like friendly place. I\'ll try not to whine every post.

I thought that was funny. I've had some good days and some bad days on this "friendly place." And trust me, whining will get you slapped with about 60 threads of impressive come-backs.

I agree with the, write it no matter what your superego is saying, finish it, put it away then take it apart when some time has passed.

And I actually drink some wine to get the voices OUT of my head.

Dan Andreescu

Hi there Leslee,
    Love your ‘insinuation’ that the best, and the worst, writers are common drunks.
    But, you’ve forgot the majority, those in-between; and they are the real heavy gurglers.
    So, update your standings and draw your own conclusions.
    To be a good, average or even a bad writer, you better have 90 proof in your blood.
    LOL

Jena Grace

Real friends don't let friends write drunk.

Rogue Mutt

Drunk might be an improvement for some writers.

John Getreu

A bottle of Old Courage does help some folks write. The real question is can it get you published?

Rogue Mutt

If you put it in the mail with your manuscript it might win you some points--if the agent is a drunk too.