HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Tracy Carpenter

Dirty Eggs and Toliet Seat Rewrite

OK, is this less...make you want to throw up in your mouth?

My hair touched my hips before the accident. It was long and beautiful. I'd find random strands on my pillow and in the sink when I would brush my teeth. I would flip it and giggle around boys when witty words escaped me.

"You should cut if for the kids with cancer," EVERYONE (no they) would say."

Is this better?

Rogue Mutt

Re: Dirty Eggs and Toliet Seat Rewrite

This is your seventh thread since Friday. Maybe you should take it easy for a while.

Tracy Carpenter

Ok...sorry for wasting your time. I was excited because I finally found a place to share my writing and comment on others...there really is no need to be negative. But that is fine. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Keith .

This is just one fool's opinion and I'm not holding my breath.

I think you should stop writing and start reading-including books within your genre. Your writing is very much getting in the way of telling the story. Read 8-10 novels and revisit your manuscript-but don't rewrite. First study a good book on writing. I like Sol Stein but several good ones are available. Take notes while you read and use those notes to start your story over from scratch. Just my opinion. Luck.
    km

Rogue Mutt

Ok...sorry for wasting your time. I was excited because I finally found a place to share my writing and comment on others...there really is no need to be negative. But that is fine.

There's no need to be a crybaby about it. Slow down and give some thought to what you're doing. Otherwise you're just banging your head into the wall.

leslee

"I was excited because I finally found a place to share my writing and comment on others"

And that's great! Don't stop participating.

But what's the point of posting your work if you aren't being thoughtful about the responses you receive? Simply re-writing a paragraph and popping it back on the website isn't helping you understand what's wrong with the writing, and that's the whole point to having people critique your work. You want to improve, right?

If all you want to do is post without using the comments you receive, you can do that, too. Just put a note at the top saying, "Hey, just wanted to share, not looking for a critique," or something like that. Then we can read it without taking the time to provide editing comments.

Beautiful Loser

I agree with all of the above posters' comments.

FWIW, Tracy, you should understand that most of us have our own WIPs; ultimately, you are taking up some of our time to give you feedback. Whether such feedback is positive or negative, you should appreciate same.

Try to handle constructive criticism for what it is. Don't dwell on negativity. Learn something from it.

Keith .

Anybody else got a football?

leslee

I wish I understood that comment. Can you enlighten me, Keith?

Rogue Mutt

It means she's taking her football and going home.