HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: writing plan

Amanda Brenner

Re: again

I think you do need to know where you're going and how you plan to get there. Other than that, whatever works.

Good luck.

AB

Debra Storky

The book "Structuring Your Novel" helped me a lot when I was writing my first novel, STORKY. (And it got published!)

As others have said, everyone has their own method. You have to find what works best for you.

Donatellia Austin

Outlines or synopsises work. Me personally just write a scene and work out that. And write; The details...I would say leave be or take notes about them. Take a chapter at a time. "plans" are too confusing for me.
    good luck

-D

Nan Hammond

I found it stiffled creativity...

I always started all my stories because they were in my head and i needed to get em out. So I'd sit down at the pc and type 20 pages at once. But after that if you plan on continuing it it needs to be going somewhere. So in a way it does have to be planned.

But then loose interest in my own story cos I know what's going to happen at the end...

*sad panda*

Linden Holidae

simpleness....

ya, i was just putting in another note, my chapter outlines are VERY simple, and they are fluid. they aren't set in stone.. like i said, just a word on what goes on, and it helps me.. 'sad panda' to stay focused on one bit at a time. I treat each chapter like it's a story, it has to be wonderful and stand on it's own...

simple... simple... but keep working on it, or it won't get done.

Busy Lizzy

Re: simpleness....

DC, is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lxqm...eature=related

the type of thing you were looking for?

It's OK (shrug), but everyone has his own way of going ahead. As far as I'm informed, it's far better to have finished your novel, before you begin querying. (contrary to what the writer in this video says).

Busy Lizzy