HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Epic

nom de plume

Re: Epic

R.A. Venna, I completely understand now.

Rogue, I do believe in something. Thanks for asking.

stevenlabri τΏτ

Arizona?

Be sure to visit Sedona.

Rogue Mutt

I might not have the time for a side trip to Sedona, though I think it's along my route, so maybe.

stevenlabri τΏτ

I spent a week in Sedona and it's worth it to just sit on top of one of the red rocks and watch the sun set. The place is definitely on my list to return. Who knows, maybe you will be lucky enough to experience a vortex and come back with a renewed energy.

Jeanne Gassman

Mutt,

Northern AZ is gorgeous at this time of year, particularly the White Mountains. Sedona will be in the high 80s or 90s this time of year, but it's still beautiful at any time.

So, what's your route? I'm a semi-native Arizonan, so I can send you to lots of good choices if you want some recommendations.

I-40 runs east-west through the northern part of the state. You can make reasonable side trips to the Grand Canyon, Navajo and Hopi Reservations, Flagstaff, Painted Desert, Meteor Crater, and the Petrified Forest. Except for the Grand Canyon and Flagstaff, the rest of this part of the state is high desert.

I-17 goes north-south through the center of the state. It's easy to get to Sedona, Prescott, the Verde Valley, Montezuma's Castle and Well, and south to Phoenix. Hwy 260 off the Beeline will take you to the White Mountains. (You might want to skip Phoenix. It's still hot here--108 yesterday.)

I-10 takes you through Tucson.

Let me know if you'd like some ideas on what to see.

Jeanne

Beautiful Loser

Have a wonderful time vacationing in AZ, Rogue.

It's definitely on my "I'll go there again" list. Only next time, I'm staying for a few weeks.

Don't know your travel route or plans, but found that remnants of Route 66 [Williams, AZ} is also a place you might want to visit. Just don't eat at Rod's...

Ditto Steve and Jeanne's comments.

the cat came back

A few thoughts:

Can a saga being anything but epic?

Also, "an epic saga of marriage and sibling rivalry" sounds kind of like an oxymoron, though strictly speaking it's not.

Rogue Mutt

Also, "an epic saga of marriage and sibling rivalry" sounds kind of like an oxymoron, though strictly speaking it's not.

Especially in Arkansas...