HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Kimberly Knowlton

Where do you get your inspiration?

I was just wondering where you come up with ideas for your stories?

I actually get most of my ideas from my dreams. I\'ll admit, sometimes I do have the normal boring dreams that everyone else has(i.e., work, school, etc.). However, a have very vivid and drawn-out dreams. I have to keep a journal sitting out on the bed next to me while I sleep (I\'m obviously single <s>) so that I can write out any interesting dreams I might have had during the night. I\'ve even gone through my journal and found entries that I don\'t remember writing (I must sleep-write).

So....how do you get your ideas?

Keith .

Re: Where do you get your inspiration?

From your dreams.
    km

Stacy Copping

Ha ha ha! You're a riot Keith.

Rogue Mutt

Better watch out, Keith is really Freddy Krueger.

Stacy Copping

I had envisioned a completely different sort of dream. Shool boys. I remember them.

Aaron Brown

I guess you could say I get my inspiration from life. Yeah, sounds corny, but it's true. Ideas come to me at all sorts of odd times. Playing games, watching TV, reading, writing, relaxing, talking to people, working... there is no main source. They come from all over.

Gravity Fades

A couple of years ago Writers Digest came out with a little gem of a book called Writer's Match. Basically it was a compendium of off-the wall one-liners, designed to prime the old muse-pump.

Something on the order of, say, (and I'm making these up on the fly) "tommorrow morning you awake with a live hand grenade perched on your chest" or "the first day of your new job, the woman in the cubicle next to you leans over and tells you, quite calmly, that she's a marsupial."

See? Silly, but if you're really coming up dry for ideas, they work.

Kimberly Knowlton

Lol Keith...you get your ideas from MY dreams? I didn't know we were that close!

Jean Bonifacio

I get mine from the internet!

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The sauce for a spicy Italian sandwich was apparently a must have for one Florida man. The man, Reginald Peterson, called 911 twice after a sandwich shop left off the sauce.

My problem is, what would I name this little novella about a dumba$$ from Florida?

Gregory White

Eavesdropping is great for story ideas. LOL

Greg