HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: \back-slash\

Derek Wayne

\back-slash\

Out of nothing but curiosity...why do some people use a \ when writing? I've noticed it on many posts and find it a little strange. (I\'ve found it a little strange.\)Is there a specific reason?

DW

jayce

Re: \back-slash\

Use of back-slash is reserved for WN members whose posting have exceeded one-million words. As you approach that lofty number, you will be contacted by the WN moderators, who will arrange for a ceremony--in the venue of your choosing--where you will be inducted into the "One million words I wasted instead of working on my novel" club.

(There is also a rumor that the back-slash mysteriously appears when cutting and pasting from certain word processors into WN, but don't fall for it.)

Keith .

Don't\believe\a\word\Jayce\says. I\have\a\life. I\swear. I've\many\better\things\to\do\than\post\here. Jeesh\Mods! Turn\this\damned\thing\off!

Gravity Fades

It's our quirky WN software going through its paces. In cyber years it's quite elderly (Donkey Kong-era, don'cha know), and sometimes has episodes; you know, like your Uncle Phil that one time at the wake. Just part of its charm!

Patrick Edwards

jayce, as long as I've been here, I actually was falling for your explanation, even to the point of quickly posting to see if I was in the "club."

Yes, I feel like a real idiot...mixed with an odd wonderment of "being in the presence of magic."