HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Wonky

Re: Formatted and number paragraphs duo of destiny chap two

But i'm sure you know that it's an expression of the alarm sounding off extremely loud.

Yeah, I know what you were trying to say. Unfortunately "blasted off" can't be used in that context. Sorry.

Ce Ce

And God help me, I finally get the ramifications of No Child Left Behind.

Folks, this is our future. Scary as hell, isn't it?

Yes.

Smiling Curmudgeon

Alvin,

You've received lots of good suggestions. You've also benefited from the patience of many on this board.

As others have said, read. Read some more. After that, read.

Don't quit writing if it's in your blood, but don't pin your self-esteem to the quality of your writing at this point in your life.

You've mentioned editors several times, I think. You're not at the stage where you need an editor of any kind. Well, other than a friend or English teacher at your school.

Tackle the basics of grammar, punctuation and word usage. You pretty much gotta have those skills before you graduate to the next step. That next step is writing something someone could actually find enough merit in to critique.

At this stage your material isn't ready for critique. The basic issues swamp everything you write.

Don't quit writing. Stay at it. But read, read, read.

Post a paragraph or two here when you feel like it. You'll get good feedback on your progress.

cur

alvin atwater

Alvin,

You've received lots of good suggestions. You've also benefited from the patience of many on this board.

As others have said, read. Read some more. After that, read.

Don't quit writing if it's in your blood, but don't pin your self-esteem to the quality of your writing at this point in your life.

"You've mentioned editors several times, I think. You're not at the stage where you need an editor of any kind. Well, other than a friend or English teacher at your school.

Tackle the basics of grammar, punctuation and word usage. You pretty much gotta have those skills before you graduate to the next step. That next step is writing something someone could actually find enough merit in to critique.

At this stage your material isn't ready for critique. The basic issues swamp everything you write.

Don't quit writing. Stay at it. But read, read, read.

Post a paragraph or two here when you feel like it. You'll get good feedback on your progress."

Exactly,