HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Dutch Henry

Let's write a Christmas story

I thought it might be fun for the Writers Net bunch to write a Christmas story. If this is inappropriate for here, I'm sorry and we just won't let it grow.

Here are the guidelines, two sentence is per post, and no consecutive posts, that is to say someone must post before you can post again.

The title should come later.

"I'll take that eight pound turkey,"Jim told the man behind the counter. "Do you think Mr. Reynolds could let me pay after the new year?"

Cara K

Re: Let's write a Christmas story

"And add it on to your tab?" he shrugged, his lips curving in a reluctant smile. "Lucky thing your pretty wife brings those cookies in from time to time!"

Beautiful Loser

"Yeah, I'm lucky to have a wife who makes cookies from scratch, " Jim obliges.

"Well, I'm hoping that this year your wife brings some of those scrumptious gingerbread men in for me and my family enjoy dipping in egg nog."

Dutch Henry

Won't be any gingerbread men this year, Jim thought.

jayce

Because my loving wife's Guard unit has been called up for Iraq.

Beautiful Loser

I wouldn't bet on that. You know how stubborn some women are.

Keith .

Hopefully she'll bring her official Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time to Iraq. If someone attacks her she can shoot their eye out.

km

Otto Rabe

Jim remembered looking in the front room and seeing her gear littered around the floor, geting ready to be jammed inside her duffle bag and ruck sack, or A and B bag as she caled them. The gear laid on the floor while she moved about in the kitchen determined to make something out of nothing.

Kitty Foyle

When Lucy looked out the kitchen window, she saw Hank, the hired hand, heading off into the woods to chop down their Christmas tree. The thought of having to leave her husband Jim ...yes, and Hank too...caused her skin to break out in a nasty rash.

*_*

Beautiful Loser

I wonder where I put those special secret ingredients?, Jim's wife thought to herself, whilst packing her bags amongst the litter around her.

What is taking that man so long to return from the meat market?