HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: sad

john palmer

sad

It saddens me to see the new crop of advertisements. It really changes the character of the place, and not for the better.

*sigh*

Jeanne Gassman

Re: sad

I was just about to post a comment about this on Smoko. I find them re-e-ealy annoying! I hate that flaky chick that keeps blinking at me on the Literary Agents forum.

Anybody else find these things irritating?

Jeanne

zeplin 44

You two are actually paying attention to the ads?

Rogue Mutt

Well just as soon as you two pony up the dough to keep this site operational then the ads will go away. Welcome to the real world my friends, where websites don't just run themselves for nothing. How can people be so old and yet so naive? Or is John just trying to start @!#$ here since he exiled himself from Smoko?

john palmer

I stopped going to Smoko to get away from people like you, Mutt, people who just don't know or care to discuss issues without getting personal about it.

All I ask from you -- and I've asked you before -- is to be left alone.

So, leave me alone.

Please.

Rogue Mutt

Maybe you should stop trying to start @!#$ then...

C Bets

I haven't noticed anything different. Yet, I don't really pay much attention to them, either. Visually tune them out you might say.

C

Rogue Mutt

And if you don't like it there are plenty of other sites out there. Or try making one yourself and see first-hand how tough a job it is.

Patrick F

I don't like the ads either, but it makes sense to have them. If it keeps me from paying $.10 per post or $20/month or some other year or lifetime membership fee, then so be it. I don't have to buy their products or click on their links or receive email from them (yet). Anything that keeps money in my pocket to buy paper, pens and more paper is a good thing. I consider this one of them.

john palmer

I ask you to leave e alone and you post back at me not once but twice.

How much plainer can I make it?

Just -- leave -- me -- alone.