HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Beautiful Loser

Re: New Assignment - 100 Words and Creativity Combined

writters

oops, darn typo! Hey, wait. Writters could be a new word for writers who are critters.

Later, folks. Enjoy.

Lo Rin

I know I'm late and it's a piece of crap but I just wanted to give it a shot cause it seemed like such fun. Anyway...

Fax

Rainbow

Calm

Water

Bullet

Johnny with the reckless smile, everything but calm, made her fall in love with him.

But didn't love her back.

She nursed a cup of water and watched the front door.

The Beatles were liars, 'All you need is love'?

Yeah right.

She had all she needed: blistering anger, patience, a gun and a bullet with Johnny’s name on it.

Johnny didn't have to return her calls, or keep the promises he made but he did have to come home, eventually.

She should've sent him a fax, because apparently he didn't know: if she couldn't have him, no one could.

gulliver h

ok. No one commented on yours, Lo. But I love it.

oh, where's rainbow?

gulliver h

And:

Allergies

Kentucky Derby

aglet

hieroglyphics

fondle

I'll check back with ya'll soon...

Beautiful Loser

Star, thank you for your new assignment project. This is something which I find will benefit some of the young people I work with at an elementary school writing group. I won't bother to add anything here inasmuch as same as become a "show-n-tell" scenario wherein things have, IMO, gotten out of hand.

Patrick Edwards

The Beatles were liars, 'All you need is love'?
    Yeah right.

Enjoyed the hell outta that part.

------------

Allergies

Kentucky Derby

aglet

hieroglyphics

fondle

---

"Did you see that woman fondle that guy?" Earnest asked his wife.

Geralind started to respond, but then sneezed. "These dang-blasted allergies."

Earnest continued to watch the sneaky affair across the restaurant, when he heard a cheer. An entire group was checking out the Kentucky Derby on a television over the bar.

"Fondle? Who's fondling who?" Geralind asked as she glanced at the bruised aglet on one of her hush puppies dangling over her knee.

"Don't worry about that; look at the money we could have won on that race."

She looked at the charts. "Might as well be hieroglyphics."

Marcus Teague

Hmm... so many to choose from. Ah, what the crap. It's time I work on my weakness anyway: word limitations (I tend to write my 300-word English papers into 1,200 words)

100 words FLAT eh? Geez, this thing gets harder and harder! Here it goes: *cracks knuckles*

Spacious

Tiara

Tenacious

Enchiladas

Fetching

Eight-year-old, tenacious, Princess Ángel Ruez entered the spacious dining hall. A crowd of royal persons mingled about. She took a fine sniff of the freshly baked enchiladas. Of course, she would have to forfeit such lovely food for her new dress’ sake.

“Mama, just one bite? I’m hungry.”

“No,” the queen replied. “Mama’s busy, don’t pester.”

Ángel sat down pouting when she got an idea. She put down her tiara and ran to her room, fetching her poncho.

“See, Mama,” she said proudly stuffing her dirty face, “my dress will be fine, now that my diamond poncho is protecting it!”

################################################## #######

Audacious

Fraternize

Maladroit

Suppository

Zonk

(Now to continue my story)

The palace doctor, who fraternized with the guests, urged everyone of Spanish royalty into the ball room for a contest, though it took everyone some time to settle and follow the suggestion.

“All right, this is a word guessing game. Who can tell me what ‘suppository’ is?” (Saying the mysterious word in English)

“An assumption?” A lady said audaciously.

“To zonk with alcohol?”

Ángel stumbled into the room, her maladroit feet adjusting to the new high heels. Being a girl who studied high English, she decided to try.

“Isn’t it a pill you stick up your butt?” She asked aloud.

Assignment

Creative

Hierarchy

Neurosis

Viscid

Ángel fidgeted while staring at a fluffy ball of a woman’s hat, sitting in the chair with an assignment: stay out of trouble. The neurosis of squeezing fluffiness tickled her fingers. She must be creative in order to squeeze this fluffy ball.

Ángel watched the lady of Spanish hierarchy sit beside her. She stood, walking by with a hum, and squished. Her fingers clasped tightly to the viscid ball that was some sort of foam.

Then she realized a fatal predicament: her fingers were stuck! With a quick jerk, she removed the lady’s hat (and her wig); the lady screamed.

Fax

Rainbow

Calm

Water

Bullet

(Awe man! Everything just got hard!)

Queen Ruez could’ve bitten a bullet in half with her anger. Ángel embarrassed her every time she turned around.

“Ángel!” She said squeezing the child’s arm, “behave yourself or go to your room!”

“I can behave,” Ángel replied calmly.

“Good, now wash off your hand!”

Ángel rubbed her hand with the water flooding the sink. While doing so, she imagined raining, which brought her to rainbows. Then she had a brilliant idea: go to the printing room and use a fax machine to make pretty colors of the rainbow!

She scanned some of her artwork and printed copies for everyone!

… Patrick, I’m going to kill you! How am I supposed to use THESE?

Chicago

distribution

magnets

billable

flavor

The distribution of Ángel’s artwork went smoothly—all the adults pausing to admire her artistic flavor. As much as she tried, however, she couldn’t possibly understand the conversation between the grown-ups.

A general boasted about his vacation to Chicago. Another talked about the new billable imports that ought to be taxed. Still, the women discussed politics and latest styles in royalty.

“Isn’t she cute?” One of the ladies admired.

Ángel curtseyed with a shy smile. She knew manners and colorful art of rainbows would be magnets towards the attention she so demanded.

This party wouldn’t be a disaster after all!

Self-absorbed

Ridiculous

Limp

Juvenile

Boring

Alas, after Ángel’s triumphant approach at attention, her tactics failed when she applied them to the more juvenile bunch. Snobby, self-absorbed teenagers laughed at how ridiculous her artwork of rainbows was.

Suddenly, the party became boring. Dancing ensued, and Ángel was instructed not to disturb those participating. Of course, that doesn’t mean she couldn’t bother those NOT participating.

There was nobody her age to dance or play with. She silently sat in a chair, limp and pouting, as she ran out of ideas for attention.

“May I have this dance?” The palace doctor, Pieter asked.

“Yes!” Ángel beamed with delight.

Houdini

solar

electric

ineffable

wisdom

“You’re dancing is ineffable!” Pieter remarked.

“Thank you, doctor,” Ángel replied, though unaware of the meaning.

Being so short and the doctor so tall, dancing properly proved impossible, so they simply held both hands partially outstretched.

“Child, do you know who Houdini is?”

“No, sir.”

“He is a famous magician! Why, he was such a good illusionist, he could use solar energies to produce an electric shock of magnificent power through the palm of his hand!”

Such wisdom was unknown to the eight-year-old, and she admired him for it.

“Doctor Pieter, you’re a smart man,” she commented with a blush.

I haven't looked into any new lists to continue. This was really fun and challenging!

Marcus Teague

Tulips

Burn

Chickens

Blithe

Patriarch

Try that.

Dave What\'saLastName?

The blithe chickens burned the patriarch’s tulips,
    So the not so blithe patriarch burned the chicken’s tulips,
    The tulips were not so blithe and burned the patriarch’s chickens,
    The tulips were not so blithe and burned the chicken’s patriarch.

The burned chickens gave the tulips the blithest of burns,
    The burned patriarch gave the tulips the blithest of burns,
    The patriarch’s chickens, and the chicken’s patriarch,
    Blithefully burned the tulip’s blitheness apart!

The patriarch’s chickens ate the burned tulips,
    The chicken’s patriarch ate the patriarch,
    Blitheness ate the chicken’s patriarch,
    Then they were all eaten by the patriarch’s chicken shark!

Patrick Edwards

Marcus, that was a pretty interesting story up above--all of it! (especially the last section with Houdini)