HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Star Love

New Assignment - 100 Words and Creativity Combined

Hey guys,

I'm not as busy today (so far). Just came up with a fun assignment - at least I think.

One writer throws out five TOTALLY unrelated far out words; and in less than ten minutes WE come up with a coherent story in less than 100 words. I believe this excercise can help loosen up the imagination and beat writers block with an upper cut. Sounds good? Or plain stupid? Let me know.

Patrick Edwards

Re: New Assignment - 100 Words and Creativity Combined

<U>Not sure if these are considered "far out" words, but....</U>
    spacious
    tiara
    tenacious
    enchiladas
    fetching

(Or was I to post new thread?)

Beautiful Loser

audacious

fraternize

maladroit

suppository

zonk

Cheers!

Patrick Edwards

Beautiful Loser, I'll be right back with something for your words--right after I peruse the dictionary!

Yes, I'm semi vocabulary-illiterate....

Star Love

Gee, two assignments!!! Was the board down for you guys earlier? It was for me. (My tardy pass.) Okay, here goes. No thought. Just the muse meandering...

spacious
    tiara
    tenacious
    enchiladas
    fetching

Aww, at least I did it in 100 words flat! :-)

The sight of spacious open field drove Princess Leah to take off her tiara, fling it to the ground, and bounce around in the luscious emerald green grass. Tenacious and proud of her newfound independence, she hiked up her white skirt and ran through the fields, fetching flowers and running after monarch butterflies. She felt free. Free as a fart after one too many enchiladas. Free as wind blowing through tall trees. This was the most regal she’d ever felt since forfeiting her inheritance. Prince Paul would never get to taste her lips. Her life was finally hers. To live.

Star Love

Patrick, I just did yours. Beautiful got some nerves! What she talkin' bout Willis? LOL

When you're done with that dictionary, pass it to me, a'ight?

Star Love

audacious

fraternize

maladroit

suppository

zonk

“Take on suppository per day,” explained Dr. Ian. “This should loosen you up.”
    Mr. Thompson grabbed the bottle of pills, and left the doctor without saying goodbye. Fraternization was inappropiate, especially now. No one had ever told Mr. Thompson that he needed to loosen up. He may have been called maladroit, but never to his face.

At the elevator bank, Mr. Thompson exhaled a grave sigh. Dr. Ian was audacious! Heartless! Cruel! No need to call him a tight-azz in front of the nurse! Why, he should’ve zonked him then and there. But he couldn’t. He might’ve missed, as usual.

Patrick Edwards

Free as a fart after one too many enchiladas.

Priceless!

Beautiful Loser

Sweet Star! I love your story better than what I thought of while I chose those five words. Mine was more boring, less dramatic I suppose. If I find time later today, I'll post my 100-word version here for your critique and commentary.

Patrick, don't worry about pulling out the dictionary. The five words I chose came right out of my dense head, without a second thought, if you can imagine that. BTW, remind me [Patrick] to update you on another note re your reference to the Jim Crowe remark. I met an interesting elderly gentleman this past weekend at a local lake when fishing, and he and I had a great time talking together about the 50 year deal relating to Brown v. Board of Ed. He is retired and has a 30-year old daughter who lives near Little Elm, Texas, and I found him knowledgeable about some related materials [The Brown Foundation, etc.]. I'm planning on meeting and talking with him again this weekend when we go fishing together.

Beautiful Loser

Patrick, that was fantabulouso! lol