HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Heeeelp!

Wurdy

Heeeelp!

Would someone please help me with Word formatting before I scream bloody murder?

I want to do a total rewrite on my novel, and I had the formatting all screwed up on the last version. This time I want to get it right.

Do I do the rewrite first and then format it? Or do I set the formatting up before I begin? Nathan Nichol told me when he saw my manuscript that it was a formatting mess, and that there were ways to do this in word that were a lot simpler than what I'd done.

Can someone please help me?

Wurdy

Re: Heeeelp!

Actually, I have been away from my novel for so long, I just took Nathan's word that my manuscript was a formatting mess.

Well, I printed it out just now, and the only thing I can see that is wrong is that, 1. I don't have a cover page. 2. I have the page number both in the header in the top right hand corner and by itself at the bottom. 3. My chapters start at the top of the page instead of in the middle.

But the margins are right, and I have the edits M. Lee did for me, so I am thinking I can create a seperate cover page if I can just figure out how to get rid of that page number at the bottom of each page, and move the chapter beginnings to the middle of the page, and use the copy I have to edit from her suggestions instead of starting all over.

So, I guess I panicked. All I really need to know is how do get rid of that page number at the bottom of the page.

Ann Casey

Sorry I can't help Denise, but I can empathize with your condition. Ann

jayce

Take two PANEXA.

Wurdy

lol

Simon Says

Denise - Go to view choose header and footer - then when the little toolbar comes up click on the one for footer and then delete the page numbers.

Wurdy

Simon, the only option I see there is "switch from header to footer." I don't want to do that. The header is fine, and the page number right, but there is a page number at the bottom of each page also, sitting all by itself.

Simon Says

Denise switch to footer so you can see the footer and then remove the page number from the footer. This will not remove the page number or any of the other info from the header.

Wurdy

It worked! Thank you so much, Simon.

Angel Kemory

Good luck with your rewrite, Denise!! I am halfway through my (20th?) rewrite, but I am still having fun with it!

Jo